DOSPAD, a brand new port of DosBox 0.74 on iPad!!!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bsauvage

DOSPAD, a brand new port of DosBox 0.74 on iPad!!!

Post by bsauvage »

http://www.litchie.net/apps/dospad.html

It seems to run great (albeit slow), and in my mind it will be a great complement to ScummVM in order to run games not currently implemented (Mean Streets, Gabriel Knight, Pandora Directive, Dune, BAT, Shadow of the Comet...etc). Obviously we can expect this to be slow but probably a good workaround while waiting for some of those to be handled by our favorite ScummVM!
Anybody tried it yet? (I'm waiting for my iPad so I can't comment further unfortunately)

Sorry if you consider this post as off-topic, I just saw this and I found it extremely exciting so I wanted to spread the word...
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Cool. Seems to need a lot of work still though.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

It's getting much better by the day!
Now full screen on ipad, mouse support, speed improvement (although there is more to come once dynarec will be working).
And compatibility extremely high
Ephaelon

Post by Ephaelon »

Thanks for the heads up. I been wanting to play Innocent Until Caught(prequel to Guilty, I believe, which I recall playing and enjoying a lot back on my 486).

Of course it's still a beta so I can't expect everything to run well. I've only tried both Leisure Suit Larry 6 and Guilty. The latter is near unplayable due to slowdown, while LSL6 is slow when you touch the screen, hehe.

I ain't complaining of course, just an FYI. I'll keep an eye on the site and its updates which I'm sure will improve it in time.

Using an ipod touch 3g, btw.
jens198

Post by jens198 »

New version 1.8 out. Now even Wasteland is running fine ...

Jens