Works great on DSI

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lopez13

Works great on DSI

Post by Lopez13 »

Dear all,

I've read some posts about choppy audio and stuff working with DSI. I have an DSI XL with R4I / DSI Firmware 1.4e and ScummVM works a lot better then when I use my DS Lite. I can now select software renderer (high quality) on every game without slowdowns.

Music only chops sometimes when loading another screen like in BASS. But apart from that it's perfect! :-).

Is use ScummVM 1.1.0. Any news on a native DSI port? Since the DSI has the required memory for a lot of games that currently do not work.

Any news on a combined (single) build. So I have to use only one? :-).

Anyway, thanks a lot for the port!

Regards,

Famke.
KuroShiro

Re: Works great on DSI

Post by KuroShiro »

Lopez13 wrote:
Is use ScummVM 1.1.0. Any news on a native DSI port? Since the DSI has the required memory for a lot of games that currently do not work.

Any news on a combined (single) build. So I have to use only one? :-).
So far is seems that is is impossible for homebrew apps to access any of the DSi only features. It's a pity as the DSi has 4x as much memory.

As far as a single build goes, there's a student in the Google Summer of Code who is working on optimizing how ScummVM loads engines into memory on certain devices. That could lead to a single, or at least less builds.
Lopez13

Re: Works great on DSI

Post by Lopez13 »

So far is seems that is is impossible for homebrew apps to access any of the DSi only features. It's a pity as the DSi has 4x as much memory.
So software on the R4I cannot use more than 4MB on a DSI? That's a bummer. :-(

I really hope it will be possible in the future.
I also hope that the combined engine you mentioned will be used for this port. :-)
another world

Post by another world »

you would be better off hoping for a iplayer/scds2 port that makes use of the onboard cpu and 32 megs of ram. a public release of the dsi common key and hacks is a LONG way off.

-another world
eddy86

ninetodo DS port

Post by eddy86 »

i love it alot