E72 Minor Problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Wizzo

E72 Minor Problems

Post by Wizzo »

Just installed ScummVM and trying to get my head round some of the settings.

I want to install the Monkey Island Bounty PAck on my phone.

So far MI2 is working fine but...

Secret of Monkey Island has sound but no music....

Curse of Monkey Island is too large for my screen and i dont know how to reduce the size.

Apologies in advance if these questions have been answered but i been playing with it for hours and cant get the settings right!
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

VGA version of MI1 has CD audio, to get it working you have to rip the audio tracks and covert them into mp3/ogg/flac files. should be explained in the FAQ on the main site.

as for the size of CMI, I know that pressing CTRL + 4 or 6 makes it fit the screen. something like that.
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

thank you very much for your help!!! Works a treat!!!

Only niggling problem i have at the moment is the volume control. the volume does not reduce when i put the phone on silent etc, and the mute bottom within scummy does not work. To turn the sound down i have to individually turn down music, sound effects etc. Any ideas?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You have overall audio within the SDL subsystem. Press the Square.. Press CTRL, Press down arrows on screen. Press CTRL and MIN button..
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

works a treat!! Thank you very much for all your help!!
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

hope i am not pushing my luck with another question but i have just installed sam and max on my e72 and i am having a few control problems.

To give an example, the use key is 'U' but if you press U it brings up the menu screen. this is a problem with any key that is also a number.

Any ideas??
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes its an issue, nokia has different keymappings from E60 to E71 to E72. E72 is like the older model where you need to press fn key to get the char key, E71 always returns the ascii chars and fn gives you the phone part. Not sure how to solve that. Try FN