King's Quest 5/6 on the Wii?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MarcusRaven

King's Quest 5/6 on the Wii?

Post by MarcusRaven »

Are King's Quest 5 and/or 6 compatible with the Wii version? If not, could there be in a future update?
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

SCI support isn't finished yet. Try a Wii SVN. But don't expect it to be flawless.
m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

Re: King's Quest 5/6 on the Wii?

Post by m_kiewitz »

MarcusRaven wrote:Are King's Quest 5 and/or 6 compatible with the Wii version? If not, could there be in a future update?
I tried both some months ago. They work just fine, even the hires version of kq6.
Talantyyr

Post by Talantyyr »

Have you completed both games? I'm planning to start them after finishing Simon2 / Kyrandia Trilogy :)

I've noticed that KQ 7 is also working, but i've only started the game and haven't played much :)
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Note that KQ7 is not included in the first batch of games which are under-going testing at the moment. Up to SCI 1.1. These games have reached the bug-hunting stage but KQ7 is still in development being 2.0 or above. It's actually 2.1.
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SCI/Testing

I think I've read somewhere that Gabriel Knight has been completed though and I've seen a screenshot of the 2nd in the series in ScummVM.
GK1 is a 2.0 game (although the demo is 1.1)
Basically it's not guaranteed how far you will get.
I think I'm right in saying that even if it's completeable one day that doesn't mean it is the next day if you're using the latest from the daily builds every time you play.
You can see the version of SCI that a game uses on the wiki which is turning into a great reference.
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Sierra_Game_Versions
Talantyyr

Post by Talantyyr »

Thx. I just read SCI Game pre-release test and happily searched through my attic for Sierra Games.
Since it was add- and startable on ScummVM i thought that it can be tested too.

Guess it's better to wait a bit :)

I can still remember using ScummVM (Day of the Tentacle) on my PSP a very long time ago (must've been right after the release of scummvm psp) and being stuck in the middle of the game... I want to avoid such moments ^^