Goblins 3 Freezes!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gviperdawg99

Goblins 3 Freezes!

Post by gviperdawg99 »

I just got Goblins 3 to run with music after converting the .ogg file to the IMA ADPCM .wav format, and now when I run it, it freezes when I try to access the menu on the top of the screen for saving/loading and options.
Has anyone else countered this?
It says "Blue screen of death data abort!"

I have only noticed it once I got the .wav file to work for the music.

My settings are:
GFX- all default
Audio- Adlib, default, 22 khz

I am running this on Acekard2i on DSi, DLDI Acekard AK2 and have tried both v1.0.0 and v1.1.0
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I seem to remember that I had problems running Goblins 3 on my DS too. (I also had problems with Gobliins 2)
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Maybe try converting straight from the uncompressed wav that you rip from the disc.
DS ScummVM can't play the big audio file on the CD version of Inherit the Earth. It has no problems with the floppy apparently or the CD version if you just leave the audio file out.
There are no notes about CD versions of Gobli(i)(i)ns games but I imagine it could be the same. The floppy would be better - and you get that great midi as well!
gviperdawg99

Post by gviperdawg99 »

I used the CD and followed the exact instructions from the scummvm DS website about how to rip CD audio suing CDex and still get this problem. I wonder if I have a wrong verion of Goblins 3?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I'm sorry, I don't have Goblins 3 CD so you'ree probably trying something that hasn't been tested before. I assume the music plays ok before the crash? If not, I would suspect something has gone wrong with the music conversion.

If you press Y during the game, are any error messages reported on the console?
gviperdawg99

Post by gviperdawg99 »

Agentq- Yes the music and everything works perfectly until I move the cursor to bring up the menu on the top of the screen. After pushing Y to display debug it says "Blue screen of death data abort!" then:
pc: 000000f4 addr:000000f4

r0:00000000 r8:00000000
r1:00000000 r9:00000000
r2:0220b759 r10:00000000

all the way down to

sp:0affffdc
lr:00000000
pc:000000fc

and more numbers after that

Not sure if this helps...
gviperdawg99

Post by gviperdawg99 »

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hmm. Well, it's difficult for me to offer any advice on this withough investigating it myself, but it sounds like a genuine bug in ScummVM. I will have to investigate this in due course.

Unfortunately I don't have the game you mention so I can't really look into it right now. For now, you should probably play without music. But then you already knew that. ;-)

Sorry I can't be of more help.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

gviperdawg99 wrote:Agentq- Yes the music and everything works perfectly until I move the cursor to bring up the menu on the top of the screen. After pushing Y to display debug it says "Blue screen of death data abort!"
Does anything bad happens when you try it with desktop version of ScummVM?

Eugene