Theme other than Classic

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MacScumm

Theme other than Classic

Post by MacScumm »

Hi,

can I use a theme other than classic with my Symbian version of ScummVM 0.12? Whenever I click the Theme button in the Misc options, ScummVM exits/crashes. I already copied modern.ini and modern.zip from my Windows version into the ScummVM folder of my Nokia N82. But I do not even get the chance to select the Modern theme.

Cheers,
Mac
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

All the other themes are only for VGA resolutions or higher, and requires lots of extra memory, so there for its disabled in the Symbian build.
MacScumm

Post by MacScumm »

Anotherguest wrote:All the other themes are only for VGA resolutions or higher, and requires lots of extra memory, so there for its disabled in the Symbian build.
Ok, that makes sense. Maybe, an error message saying that it's disabled would be nice.

Thanks again for the answer.

Mac
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Anotherguest wrote:All the other themes are only for VGA resolutions or higher, and requires lots of extra memory, so there for its disabled in the Symbian build.
In fact 320x200 version of modern theme existed right from the beginning. As of the memory usage, I believe that current vector-based GUI could take less memory.

Eugene
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And actually the current UI gives you a working listing of the available themes... well at least the built in. So any crashes from the old versions should not be there anymore.
MacScumm

Post by MacScumm »

Anotherguest wrote:And actually the current UI gives you a working listing of the available themes... well at least the built in. So any crashes from the old versions should not be there anymore.
Hmm, if that's how it's supposed to be, then there's maybe a bug?! I'm using v0.12, but on clicking the "Themes" button in Options->Misc, ScummVM returns to the Symbian "desktop".

Or are you talking about a current SVN build? If so - I wasn't yet able to build one. I'm still struggling with the SDK...
And the download link to a current build on the ScummVM website doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

Cheers,
Mac
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I'm working on getting a new build out there. And the new vector UI has taken some time to get stable, also it was missing the "Keys" button, so I had to add it.
MacScumm

Post by MacScumm »

Anotherguest wrote:I'm working on getting a new build out there. And the new vector UI has taken some time to get stable, also it was missing the "Keys" button, so I had to add it.
Cool! Really appreciate the effort all you developers are making here. Thanks very much. :)

Cheers,
Mac
maff.brush

Post by maff.brush »

Is there a chance that we will see the modern theme available?

by the way: keep up the great work!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Hmm? I thought themes should work fine... Are you using version 1.1.0 ? Did you try switching the theme using the options dialog ? If that fails, then what exactly does not work for you?
maff.brush

Post by maff.brush »

I'm using version 1.1.0, but I tried also svn1.2.0.
I have a Nokia X6 phone (may this be the problem?).
In the option dialog there is only the builtin classic theme. If I try to add the modern theme (setting the theme path to the folder of scummmodern.zip from win32 version and selecting it in the option dialog) it just goes back to the builtin classic theme.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have had the new theme working as long as you supply it as a zip file but I think I have to recheck that in the later versions to verify that it still works (or not)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

In your c:\data\scummvm folder there are stdout and stderr files created. Please create a bugreport with those files attached.