ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Nintendo DS Port > itouch2 and DSi gives choppy audio
itouch2 and DSi gives choppy audio
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
deadlobster

itouch2 and DSi gives choppy audio 

hi, all games are working for me, just the whole audio is choppy. The music and the speech. I dont know how to change it. I tried every single configuration from the menu, I have the latest firmware on the itouch2 flashcard and the latest Scummvmds 0.13 release. PLease help me someone!

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 pm 
Red_Breast

As the DSi hasn't been out long I don't know if the person who makes the DS builds, agentq, even has a DSi himself.
He has a phat and a lite so he builds for those. That's it.
I don't even think there's any sort of toolchain set up yet for DSi. Have the extra features of DSi even been hacked yet?
I don't think so but I haven't checked any DS web sites recently. Remember flash cards for DSi basically work but in DS phat/lite mode.

Post Thu May 28, 2009 4:46 pm 
another world

also some games, even on the dsl/dsp, have choppy audio. this is a limitation of scummvm on the nds. you were not specific to which games have issues. perhaps those same games have small issues on the dsl/dsp?

-another world

Post Sat May 30, 2009 1:20 am 
Hurakahn

hi

need to pick up this old thread, for my DOTT sounds ugly too - and not only because it's german Wink
I have a dsi 1.3 and itouch2 with latest firmware

listen to the garbled DOTT intro: http://www.plunder.com/DOTT-German-PC-Talkie-download-0dc6d90236.htm

Almost forgot: using ScummVM DS 1.0 and the Original 227 MB monster.sou

and this i found in scummvm.ini:

code:

[scummvm]
mute=false
speech_volume=192
native_mt32=false
midi_gain=100
FM_medium_quality=true
talkspeed=60
subtitles=false
multi_midi=false
fullscreen=false
browser_lastpath=mp:/NDS/ScummVM
sfx_volume=192
music_volume=192
autosave_period=0
lastselectedgame=tentacle-de
music_driver=auto
opl_driver=auto
aspect_ratio=true
versioninfo=1.0.0
speech_mute=false
enable_gs=false

Hope anyone can help! Maybe there are some debuging options...

regards!
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:58 am 
Red_Breast

I know it's only a small part of the file but I'm not sure exactly if the team will like you posting a link. I could be wrong.
What do you mean debugging options? I seem to remember with the DS you just press one of the buttons for the console. I've never tried entering anything myself but maybe you can with it's virtual keyboard which you bring up with another of the buttons.

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 pm 
EowynCarter

I'm also having choppy sound with my R4i on kyrandia. DSTT or Edge worked fine.
I'll test monkey island to see if that's the same.

Any clues ?

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 am 
EowynCarter

Arg ! i'm going to have to do the start of Kyrandia, again !!
My sd card literally broke in two. Shocked

Ok, MI1 works perfectly fine... Confused
But Sam and Max, same problem.

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:28 am 
listerino80

choppy chop chop audio 

well i got a acekard 2i and just installed the new beta scummvm for my dsi. but im still getting choppy audio on the games i have installed. the games i have are monkey island 1 and 2. both work ok, but the sound is terrible. is there any way to fix it? or is it down the acekard 2i itself? and should i buy another card for my dsi, which incidentally is at firmware 1.3. as i updated my last dsi, and the acekard 2i wouldnt work at all, just kept getting an error message.
also what and where can i get a version of beneath a steel sky that will work on the dsi?

hope they find a way to make broken sword 1 work some day also.

but if anyone can help, then i would be most greatful, to sort this choppy annoying audio out on the dsi.

Post Fri May 07, 2010 2:55 am 
KuroShiro

Re: choppy chop chop audio 

quote:
Originally posted by listerino80
well i got a acekard 2i and just installed the new beta scummvm for my dsi. but im still getting choppy audio on the games i have installed. the games i have are monkey island 1 and 2. both work ok, but the sound is terrible. is there any way to fix it? or is it down the acekard 2i itself? and should i buy another card for my dsi, which incidentally is at firmware 1.3. as i updated my last dsi, and the acekard 2i wouldnt work at all, just kept getting an error message.
also what and where can i get a version of beneath a steel sky that will work on the dsi?

hope they find a way to make broken sword 1 work some day also.

but if anyone can help, then i would be most greatful, to sort this choppy annoying audio out on the dsi.

There are updates for the Acekard2i which will make it work with the DSi 1.4 firmware. Try the acekard website.

Also, to solve the audio issues, you should try installing Akaio. It's much better than the default firmware that comes with the card.
Post Fri May 07, 2010 7:09 am 
escabe

Don't know if this helps for your card, what I noticed however with the R4i Gold is that when I start ScummVM through the "Game" menu, I get the choppy sound. When started from Moonshell ("Media" option in R4 menu) the sound is OK!

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm 
Reply to topic