SCUMM FOR PSP

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

twitch

SCUMM FOR PSP

Post by twitch »

System Software: 3.90 M33-3

Hello everyone,

I first downloaded the PSP Scumm folder (v.1.1.1), extracted it, then put it into PSP/Game folder. However, when I turned on the PSP it says "Corrupted Data" and does not allow me to even open the program from my PSP.

I tried also downloading version (0.11.0) and even extracting just the single-eboot folder into the PSP, but still it says "Corrupted Data".

Anyone know what to do?

Cheers
Cristian Kawa
kaysow

Post by kaysow »

I've got 5.00 M33-6 and it works no problem. Not that I'm sure an update is what you need, but if your PSP can handle it, why not.
This is where I did it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G24x7mDGjyg
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Most likely the problem is that you're trying to run ScummVM using the 1.5 kernel, which is included within M-33. Try this:

Instead of placing the scummvm folder inside PSP/GAME, put it in PSP/GAME3XX (use those exact letters ie. "GAME3XX"). This tells the firmware to run the application using the newer firmware kernel.
kaysow

Post by kaysow »

I'm pretty new to this. Only just got my PSP, pre-flashed and everything. But all I've done is that CFW update and from there on it's never mattered what folder I put my apps in.
retroman

Post by retroman »

had the same problem. the problem is that, when you unzip, you cant just move the created folder into your psp. only the folder that contains "EBOOT.PBP" can be moved (scummvm-1.1.1-psp > scummvm-1.1.0 > eboot.pbp). if you move all of the unziped folder, the real app-folder is one level too deep