Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

growingcorn

ScummVM 1.1.1 PSP installation guide CFW 5.50 GEN D3

Post by growingcorn »

Before I begin, you need to know that my guide works on CFW 5.50 GEN D3

INSTALL
-------
1) Unzip "scummvm-1.1.1-psp.zip" into your hard drive.

2) Connect your PSP to your computer with a USB cable.

3) In your PSP HOME menu, navigate to USB Connection and activate it.

4) Now your computer will recognize your PSP and you will be able to access the memory stick through your computer. Copy the folder scummvm-1.1.0 where you unzip scummvm-1.1.1-psp.zip and paste in it X:\PSP\GAME" where X is the drive letter of your PSP memory stick. For example, my computer recognizes my memory stick as drive F. So I will paste the folder into F:\PSP\GAME

5) Safely remove your PSP from your computer.

ACCESS AND PLAY GAME
--------------------
1) To play ScummVM games you need to get them elsewhere. NOTE: there are no games inside the zip file.

2) Now that you have games, copy the game's GAME and MUSIC folder into any folder in the memory stick. For example, I put Broken Sword inside F:\ISO\Broken Sword. Now inside the folder I will paste Broken Sword's GAME and MUSIC folder.

3) Turn on PSP and run ScummVM

4) Click Add Game... and navigate to the game's main folder. If you want to go back to the previous directory click Go up at the bottom left of the screen

5) At this point, you should be able to see Game, Music, and various other folders. Highlight (single-click) the Game folder. You should see a green bar on the Game folder. Click Choose.

6) Now, you will see ID:, Name:, Language:, Platform:. Just click OK.

7) That's it. You can now select your games and play by clicking Start

IN-GAME CONTROLS
----------------
L button = ESC key (it skips cutscenes)
Analog stick = cursor movement
x = primary select
0 = secondary select
select = keyboard panel
start = ScummVM menu

SAVING GAMES
------------
1) Press START on PSP

2) Click SAVE

3) Choose your save slot and press triangle key[/code]
Eliasoz

Post by Eliasoz »

Hi. Thanks for the guide. However, what is the point of copying the music folder?

If I'm not mistaken, those folders usually have the soundtrack (as an extra or bonus).

I never copy it and my games seem to work fine.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Eliasoz wrote:If I'm not mistaken, those folders usually have the soundtrack (as an extra or bonus).
I'm not sure which games you're thinking of, but at least the Windows version of Broken Sword 1 definitely uses those WAV files for in-game music. You can play the game without them, but you will hear little or no music outside of the cutscene movies.
Eliasoz

Post by Eliasoz »

The games that worked for me without it were, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Beneath A Steel Sky, and basically the LucasArts games. Haven't tried any other ones, like Broken Sword (that's Sierra, right?).
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Eliasoz wrote:The games that worked for me without it were, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Beneath A Steel Sky, and basically the LucasArts games.
I don't remember any of these having any bonus music folder. Not the ones I bought, at least. The only LucasArts game I know of that had any bonus music was some (most?) releases of Sam & Max Hit the Road, and that was in the form of audio tracks on the CD.
Eliasoz wrote:Haven't tried any other ones, like Broken Sword (that's Sierra, right?).
Revolution Software actually, who also made Beneath a Steel Sky.
Eliasoz

Post by Eliasoz »

Hmmm, I could be confused. It's been a while.

Ahh yes, I played Beneath a Steel Sky. Cool game.