Cursor disappears

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

HumongousE

Cursor disappears

Post by HumongousE »

Hello. I loaded ScummVM via the Homebrew Channel and everything works just fine until I start a game. After the game loads, the cursor disappears. I have only tried Humongous Entertainment games, so could it be possible that this is just a bug loading the game cursor or something? Thanks.

*edit* Yes I checked and the cursor DOES show up in games that are NOT Humongous Entertainment (i.e. Indiana Jones). I have a feeling that it's the cursor in the game files that aren't loading. Is this fixable? Most of my ScummVM compatible games are Humongous Entertainment.
Last edited by HumongousE on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Have you tried the Humongous games with a desktop version of ScummVM to see if the same problem occurs?
By desktop I mean Windows, Mac or Linux.
HumongousE

Post by HumongousE »

It works just fine on Windows and on my Symbian phone.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Could you report it on the bug tracker. There's more chance that dhewg (ScummVM for Wii porter) will see it there.
You will need to make an account first. Try to put 'Wii' in the title and link or mention this thread. There's a link to the tracker on the home page of this web site along the right hand side.
HumongousE

Post by HumongousE »

Will do. Although I won't be able to do it right now, I will do it as soon as I can. Thanks again.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

That sounds like it's a problem with 16bit cursors. I only have a few HE games, which ones are affected?
dramatico

Post by dramatico »

dhewg wrote:That sounds like it's a problem with 16bit cursors. I only have a few HE games, which ones are affected?
I have some of the Blue's Clues games and I can say that the cursor is missing in-game. I tried today for example "Blue's ABC's Time (Windows)" and it happens. I also tried Blue's 123 with the same result.

On the Windows port the cursor is there. I believe in the Wii port for the HE Games the cursor is somewhere, but it the screen doesn't shows up where (if you go to the menu option, the red arrow is there).

As the first poster here, the cursor displays fine on other games like Monkey Island 2.

Regards,
obcd

Missing Cursor solution.

Post by obcd »

I have done some research and posted my findings.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=418822

It should be just a matter of time now.
I am still testing the fix.

If someone wants the updated dol file for testing, just let me know. It's based upon the 1.2.0 stable release.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

As this cursor problem only happens in some Humongous games would it be those only using a certain version of the SCUMM engine? I only have a few HE games. A couple of Spyfox and Pyjama Sam. Oh and Moonbase Commander! I've only played them on Desktop versions of ScummVM though.
obcd

Post by obcd »

It only happens in the wii port of scummvm.
I have some Freddi Fish and some PuttPutt games.
I still need to check which are infected by the problem. (And also check if they are cured.)

So far I can tell "Putt Putt travels trough Time" had the issue, and the patch solves it. All my games are in Dutch, so maybe the translation of their title back to English isn't fully correct. (Too lazy to look it up.)
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

took some time, but odcb found the issue. fix is part of the latest nightly build now.
ktkallio

Post by ktkallio »

dhewg wrote:took some time, but odcb found the issue. fix is part of the latest nightly build now.
Sorry for my immense noobiness, but where can I find the latest nightly release? Is there a precompiled binary somewhere with this issue fixed?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »