Newbie game setup questions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

d4j0n

Newbie game setup questions

Post by d4j0n »

I'm new to scummvm for palmOS. I have a palmone T5.

I get games (monkey island 2) to work on the scummVM on my computer. Whenever I try to run the games on my palm though i always get the message

"Error importing files: please check that all required files are installed on the selected memory card, and you have enough free storage

I have 25 megs of RAM left on my device so I don't think it's an issue here.

I tried this for a number of games and even included games don't work. Here's my settings for monkey island 2:

MONKEY2.000
MONKEY2.001
installed into both my internal memory and sd card /PALM/PROGRAMS/ScummVM/Games/MONKEY2/
both don't work.

path: MONKEY2/
game: monkey2
engine: SCUMM Games

Tried using similar settings for the other included games, yes I downloaded the extra required queen file and read http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

try writing the full path to monkey 2 under your path. also what version of scummvm are you running. also makesure that yo have the right card selected (tap card icon at top right of screen makesure yor card name is selected)
also what files are in your scummvm/mods folder?
d4j0n

Post by d4j0n »

I have all the .engine files in my Mods folder.

Full path yields same result.
I tried both cards. I have identical files on both internal and sd card. Niether the internal or sd works when selected. Everything gives the same result.

running on the newest version scummvm-0.7.0
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

make sure the .data files are in your mods folder as well. as far as i know you can only run games off your card so you can take the game off your device.
also 0.7.1 is available from http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php
in the older versions area. also the ARM version available at
http://capers.free.fr/ScummVM/download.php should/might work on your device (not sure about T5)
d4j0n

Post by d4j0n »

ok I downloaded the new test.zip and installed. No idea what to do with the ARM really or what it is though..
Added a full path for the directory.

Anyway at least I can get the VM running at least...now it can't find monkey2.000 but its sitting in the directory i pointed at.

Monkey island 1 works, however.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

try adding from direct mode (start with no game selected(deselect game by tapping it again))
d4j0n

Post by d4j0n »

alright it seems that games work in direct mode. However, is there a way to get scumm to start in direct mode? I know it does this automatically when theres no skin installed but I can't seem to locate the skin on my RAM as a file skin.pdb.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

if you really want to run in direct mode only, afaik you will need to uninstall then re-install with no skin. you should be able to add the game from the launcher now with the info you have gained from direct mode . remember that the path is case sensitive. there are major benifits to running from launcher, ie ARM optimization check box in misc on your pulldown menu (this makes games much much faster). also you can change the text speed, and use cd audio (if you have pockettunes, and a cd enhaced game with its audio in either ogg or mp3 format)

try /PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/MONKEY2
i think the problem might be the all caps on programs. try just capitalizing the first letter. ie Programs not PROGRAMS
d4j0n

Post by d4j0n »

the way my directories really are set up, though, my cases are correct.