Android rocks \m/

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Android is simply a Linux distro with a Trademark isn't it? Surely you could just setup up some nice C interpreters and get the Linux SVM running/source built?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

iPwnzorz wrote:Android is simply a Linux distro with a Trademark isn't it? Surely you could just setup up some nice C interpreters and get the Linux SVM running/source built?
No, it is not. If it was that simple, don't you believe we'd already have a port? We are not *that* stupid :). Read up on e.g. Wikipedia what Android is about.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Oh.
siosphere

Post by siosphere »

I'm attempting to port it to the G1 :)
Harakiri

Post by Harakiri »

fingolfin wrote:
iPwnzorz wrote:Android is simply a Linux distro with a Trademark isn't it? Surely you could just setup up some nice C interpreters and get the Linux SVM running/source built?
No, it is not. If it was that simple, don't you believe we'd already have a port? We are not *that* stupid :). Read up on e.g. Wikipedia what Android is about.
this statement is wrong, debian ARM is already running on g1 with gcc
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Harakiri wrote:
fingolfin wrote:
this statement is wrong, debian ARM is already running on g1 with gcc
Look at the timestamps, man :-).
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

Gotta say, I love scummvm on my G1. Works fairly well although the touchscreen could be better. Hitting small items with ur fingers a pain. And I wish I knew if it was gonna be updated, as a couple games have freezing issues. Oh well, guess I can't have everything.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

sblaise84 wrote:Gotta say, I love scummvm on my G1. Works fairly well although the touchscreen could be better. Hitting small items with ur fingers a pain. And I wish I knew if it was gonna be updated, as a couple games have freezing issues. Oh well, guess I can't have everything.
Yes it's going to be updated. I'm trying to get a mouse cursor working and it's turning out to be really difficult :(

As far as I'm aware, freezing mid-game problems should all be issues in the scummvm codebase itself rather than my port. Unfortunately, I grabbed a between-release svn to base the port on, so it's possible I got a snapshot that was less stable than a normal release. Once 0.14 comes out I'll only upload actual release versions to the android market.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

gus wrote:
sblaise84 wrote:Gotta say, I love scummvm on my G1. Works fairly well although the touchscreen could be better. Hitting small items with ur fingers a pain. And I wish I knew if it was gonna be updated, as a couple games have freezing issues. Oh well, guess I can't have everything.
Yes it's going to be updated. I'm trying to get a mouse cursor working and it's turning out to be really difficult :(

As far as I'm aware, freezing mid-game problems should all be issues in the scummvm codebase itself rather than my port. Unfortunately, I grabbed a between-release svn to base the port on, so it's possible I got a snapshot that was less stable than a normal release. Once 0.14 comes out I'll only upload actual release versions to the android market.
You mean 0.13.0? 0.14.0 is the current unstable version, and will be released much later (usually, in 6 months) 0.13.0 will be released by the end of February, if memory serves well
ZorgBlub

Post by ZorgBlub »

Does someone know where the sources of this port can be found? I would be interested to have a look at them for the current problem on android 2.0+...
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The Android port has been added to ScummVM today, so you can now find it in our regular SVN repository :).