ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PlayStation 2 Port > Loom TurboGrafx CD on PS2
Loom TurboGrafx CD on PS2
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
ziltink



Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 10
Loom TurboGrafx CD on PS2 

Does this combination work? I tried it this evening and it doesn't work at all. Seems to hang the emulator. I created all of the audio files in OGG and copied the working directory from my Windows machine. Doesn't seem to work...

 Reply with quote  
Post Sat May 29, 2010 1:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Morden



Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Posts: 149
 

The TG16 version of Loom is not listed on the datafiles page, so it's safe to say it's not supported. You could always play it using a PCE / TG16 emulator on your PC. There is one for PlayStation 2 as well, but I've never used it so I can't say anything about the compatibility.

 Reply with quote  
Post Sat May 29, 2010 10:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Posts: 3280
 

quote:
Originally posted by Morden
The TG16 version of Loom is not listed on the datafiles page


If "TG16" and "PC-Engine" are the same things, it's listed on the compatibility page, though. Of course, the PlayStation 2 port might not support it for some reason. (It seems to be using 16-bit graphics. Perhaps the PS2 backend doesn't handle that yet?)
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat May 29, 2010 1:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
ziltink



Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 10
 

I didn't notice that, I did try the HOWTO for LoomTG16. Works great for Windows, but not PS2. I even tried it on my PSP with no luck either. Would sure be great to be able to get this working on either PS2 or PSP.

quote:
Originally posted by eriktorbjorn
If "TG16" and "PC-Engine" are the same things, it's listed on the compatibility page, though. Of course, the PlayStation 2 port might not support it for some reason. (It seems to be using 16-bit graphics. Perhaps the PS2 backend doesn't handle that yet?)

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun May 30, 2010 12:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 30 Oct 2005
Posts: 1030
Location: Germany
 

quote:
Originally posted by eriktorbjorn
quote:
Originally posted by Morden
The TG16 version of Loom is not listed on the datafiles page


If "TG16" and "PC-Engine" are the same things, it's listed on the compatibility page, though. Of course, the PlayStation 2 port might not support it for some reason. (It seems to be using 16-bit graphics. Perhaps the PS2 backend doesn't handle that yet?)


Yeah Loom PCE should only be working on backends with 16bit graphics support, and that in regard should only be: SDL, Wii, DC and PSP (just added recently, thus not available in the 1.1.1 release).
 Reply with quote  
Post Sun May 30, 2010 12:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
ziltink



Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 10
 

Tried using one of the PSP TG/PCE emulators and it works great. Screen is a little off, but otherwise works great. Guess I'll use that for now, until ScummVM gets this working on PSP/PS2.

I've actually tried that PS2 TG/PCE emulator and it doesn't work well. Sound is off, and it doesn't do CDs at all. Sure wish this would be fixed/updated.

quote:
Originally posted by Morden
The TG16 version of Loom is not listed on the datafiles page, so it's safe to say it's not supported. You could always play it using a PCE / TG16 emulator on your PC. There is one for PlayStation 2 as well, but I've never used it so I can't say anything about the compatibility.

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 



Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge