Discworld 2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

trash.com

Discworld 2

Post by trash.com »

I just installed it on my HTC HD, doesn´t start.

On my PC it works with the same configuration, used newest builds for PC/ Mobile PC.

Anyone got it working? :(
tazz78

Post by tazz78 »

Try the latest version, it worked for me but not full screen , only vga...
valdr

Post by valdr »

I run ScummVM on my iPAQ 214. Discworld 2 is running fine until I try to totally hide the toolbar, then the whole screen turns black for a moment and ScummVM quits.
This doesn't happen with other VGA resolution games like Curse of MI or I Have No Mouth, I also use polish versions of Schnibble, Feeble Files and Broken Sword 2 w/o problems.
I can't find any error log to put in here, all files of Discworld 2 seem fine, I run it flawlessly on Vista version of ScummVM.
I'd really appreciate any help DW2 is rather unplayable with toolbar turned on.
[edit]
I got an error:
_tmpscreen2 failed (Out of memory)!
I usually have between 60-70MB of free memory, I've also noticed that this happens with more than 1 game on list.
Wesknapper

Post by Wesknapper »

HI I am NEW :D

I have just got a version on my pc that works :) . But like the problem that your are all having I carnet get it to run on my HTC HD2 can some one help!? Pleas!!! :D
Talsi

Post by Talsi »

Hi,
I have just started to play this game on my B7610 and I am having the same problem as well.

After some testing, I have found a sort of "workaround".
In newest version (1.1.1.) run file scummvm1 (it has to be 1 - no other exe works) and before running set following (my setting that works - some setting might be irrelevant but I do not know which one):

In video tab:
Graphic mode -> default
Render mode -> default
Check Aspect ration correction
Uncheck Full screen mode

In audio tab:
Music driver -> adlib
Adlib Emulator -> Dosbox OPL
Output rate - 22khz

In Midi tab:
Check Mixed adlibmidi mode
Uncheck True roland mt-32
Check Enable roland GS mode

With this setting (remember to run scummvm1) the Diskworld 2 is running perfectly, BUT while you can !at first! show/hide menu bar/soft keyboard after a while (do not know when extactly, seems to me it is random) it will crash again when you try to show/hide menu bar/soft keyboard!!! Sadly, menu bar automatically shows itself even when you map hardware button to save function to show in game menu - autosave seems not to work either!!!
The only way I was able to play without interruptions was when I left menu bar shown - but as it covers part of the screen, it was very annoying - but playable (unless there will be some item placed in covered space, e.g. you will not be able to point at it).

Someone with programming skills should look at it, please!!!!!