ScummVM o Android 1.6: Couldn't find game in directory

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

urogutt

ScummVM o Android 1.6: Couldn't find game in directory

Post by urogutt »

Hi

i'm using ScummVM on my Ubuntu PC, running Loom, DOTT and Maniac Mansion.
Now i found ScummVM on the Android Market (i'm using Android 1.6 on my HTC Magic), installed the base Version and the plugin: scumm, copied the game files from my PC on the SD card in a new created game directory and tried to start the games.
But the only message i always get is "ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory!"

All three games run on the PC, i have no spaces or special characters in the path on my mobile phone and no idea what to try next ...

Thanks for your help

Urogutt
gus
ScummVM Porter

Re: ScummVM o Android 1.6: Couldn't find game in directory

Post by gus »

urogutt wrote: i'm using ScummVM on my Ubuntu PC, running Loom, DOTT and Maniac Mansion.
Now i found ScummVM on the Android Market (i'm using Android 1.6 on my HTC Magic), installed the base Version and the plugin: scumm, copied the game files from my PC on the SD card in a new created game directory and tried to start the games.
But the only message i always get is "ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory!"

All three games run on the PC, i have no spaces or special characters in the path on my mobile phone and no idea what to try next ...
Are you running cyanogenmod or a Google 1.6 build?
Does the ScummVM "About" screen mention SCUMM in the list of "Available engines"?
What precise steps did you take between "copied the files on SD card" and the "could not find any game" error message?
urogutt

Post by urogutt »

Hi gus

thanks for the tip with the "Available engines", i just had installed the scumm plugin, but now, after re-installation of the plugin, my games run!

Thanks again

Urogutt
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

urogutt wrote:thanks for the tip with the "Available engines", i just had installed the scumm plugin, but now, after re-installation of the plugin, my games run!
Glad to hear there was an easy workaround.
By the way, this is Android Bug 5521:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5521

I'll avoid using this feature in the next release so we don't run into this problem (having to install the plugins after installing the core package) anymore.

(There are other known issues running under cyanogenmod. One of them looks the same (no plugins found), but isn't fixed by simply removing+reinstalling the plugin package)
anabolina

Post by anabolina »

I'm having this same problem with scummvm not finding the game in the directory. I tried reinstalling both the core and the plugin and all files are in the file that are listed on the wiki. I tried my old copy of LEgend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate (brings back so many memories :)) I figured it might me my copy, so I downloaded the Queen game from here and have it saved onto the sdcard and saved it again to the memory in a couple of places. I have an Archos 5IT with 1.6 with no hacking done. It's probably something really easy I'm not thinking to do. Does anyone have an idea?

gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

anabolina wrote:I'm having this same problem with scummvm not finding the game in the directory. ... I have an Archos 5IT with 1.6 with no hacking done.
Does "About" -> "Available engines" list the expected engines (kyrandia and queen)?