Why does the "skip cutscene" function barely ever

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

marzipan

Why does the "skip cutscene" function barely ever

Post by marzipan »

work? (Silly forum software cutting me off at the end!)

Recently tried the iPhone port for the first time after adopting a barely used iPod Touch 2G out of luck.

Now I must say I'm having trouble getting specific commands to work a lot of the time, even after consulting the instructions on the wiki. For instance, I can "hold one thumb down and double-tap another" as often as I like but it still won't skip the current sequence for me. It's usually after a mad tap-dancing session on the screen that it *may* sometimes work as promised.

Another thing I notice is that the frontend always defaults to Touchpad mode, even if I just quit out of a game while in Click'n'Drag mode. I can't seem to find anything in the global settings that would allow me to rectify this.

And I noticed today, that sometimes it has trouble detecting when I'm holding the Touch sideways and will still display portrait mode and keyboard regardless. Not sure if this is a bug or whether it's just not possible for the phone to accurately detect the tilt position of the device upon startup.

I think this is going to take quite a lot of getting used to!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

In which game(s) are you trying to skip cutscenes? Which ScummVM version?
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Pretty much any game that usually supports the ESC key - Monkey Island, FOTAQ, Return To Zork, you name it.

And I installed whatever version was available through the urbanfanatics.com source/repo at the time (sometime like last week) - I presume 1.1.0 unless that source/repo is for SVN builds?
cromas

Post by cromas »

marzipan, I have all of those problems with the iDevice port. You're not alone.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

I'll increase the doubleclick timer a bit, so you don't need to be as fast as now.