ScummVM on Motorola Droid issue

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Y311oEye wrote:Is ScummVM already prepped for 2.1?
ScummVM isn't prepped for any version. Android port is still unofficial.

Eugene
Y311oEye

Post by Y311oEye »

sev wrote:

Eugene
yeah I saw that, just wasnt sure what gus was working on.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

Y311oEye wrote:
sev wrote:

Eugene
At the moment I'm working on building a better Android native toolchain, so I can get the Android port merged in with the rest of ScummVM.

After that I'll finish up the fixes needed for Android 2.x (and cyanogenmod). (Previously I prioritised things the other way around - hence why the Android port never seemed to get closer to merging)

A little background: I initially wrote the Android port before there was any Android NDK, and it turns out the APIs I used where not the ones that the Android folks decided to preserve between versions :( This means I have to rewrite most of the Android port to use different libraries for graphics, sound, etc - the advantage being that I now actually have some idea how Android and ScummVM work ;)
Y311oEye

Post by Y311oEye »

gus wrote:
Y311oEye wrote:
sev wrote: ScummVM isn't prepped for any version. Android port is still unofficial.

Eugene
At the moment I'm working on building a better Android native toolchain, so I can get the Android port merged in with the rest of ScummVM.

After that I'll finish up the fixes needed for Android 2.x (and cyanogenmod). (Previously I prioritised things the other way around - hence why the Android port never seemed to get closer to merging)

A little background: I initially wrote the Android port before there was any Android NDK, and it turns out the APIs I used where not the ones that the Android folks decided to preserve between versions :( This means I have to rewrite most of the Android port to use different libraries for graphics, sound, etc - the advantage being that I now actually have some idea how Android and ScummVM work ;)
Outstanding man! Looking foreward to the project becoming a reality.
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

Good news :)
So the android port will become an official one ?
I might delay updating my tatoo to 2.0 or 2.1 just to keep scummvm. ;)
Ah well, htc haven't publish any update yet so.
Last edited by EowynCarter on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

Unfortunately I upgraded my phone and now got a Nexus One. I say 'unfortunately' because, although the phone is amazing, it has Android 2.1 and ScummVM does not work (still).

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks to gus for all his work and his effort, and for letting us enjoy some of the best oldies in videogaming on our Androids.
panu.vuorinen

Post by panu.vuorinen »

I'm also unhappy owner of Nexus One. The smartphone itself is awesome, but the software is lacking ScummVM (and Bonsai Blast as well). I just can't believe that I actually have too NEW version of OS..

Anyway, best wishes to gus, keep up the good work man!
vindolin

Post by vindolin »

Shmoopty

Post by Shmoopty »

vindolin wrote:*BING*

Android NDK r3
http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/index.html
I am very excited to see the NDK get released!

Is the Android 2.0 port going to happen?
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

Shmoopty wrote:
vindolin wrote:*BING*

Android NDK r3
http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/index.html
I am very excited to see the NDK get released!

Is the Android 2.0 port going to happen?
I guess so, just a question of time.
I just hope scummvn for 2.x is out before htc eventually publish the update.
reeferdk

Post by reeferdk »

How is the android 2.1 version comming along?

Can I expect to play my favorite games on my phone in the near future or do i have to wait a long time before its finished/stable?
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

reeferdk wrote:How is the android 2.1 version comming along?
I have something that works on the 2.1 SDK emulator (and earlier versions), but breaks plugins on my 2.1 Nexus1 phone (don't have a Droid to test on). I'm just holding off a bit to see if I can track down why dlopen() on the emulator behaves differently...

(It's also a _big_ change, so will need more testing than usual before I upload it into the Android market)
cooperg21

Post by cooperg21 »

gus wrote:
reeferdk wrote:How is the android 2.1 version comming along?
I have something that works on the 2.1 SDK emulator (and earlier versions), but breaks plugins on my 2.1 Nexus1 phone (don't have a Droid to test on). I'm just holding off a bit to see if I can track down why dlopen() on the emulator behaves differently...

(It's also a _big_ change, so will need more testing than usual before I upload it into the Android market)
That is great news! I have a Droid and got a bit ahead of myself and aready moved over a bunch of my old games (Full Throttle, The Dig, Day of the Tentacle...) and would be more than happy to test them out for you using an APK. If it is working fine, maybe you could just release a droid only beta app or something. Feel free to fust shoot me an email with it attached.

Please let me know if this is a possibility. Summer is coming up and would love to have some of those games on the go! Thank you for all of your hard work!!!

-Cooper
Stremon

Post by Stremon »

Any news about the android 2.1 release ?
Can't wait to play my old games on my HTC Desire :D
Polly1244

ScummVM on android 2.1

Post by Polly1244 »

Indeed Stremon!

I also like to see the classics working on HTC Desire :D