GP2X Wiz port still stuck on 1.0.0?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

marzipan

GP2X Wiz port still stuck on 1.0.0?

Post by marzipan »

Is there any particular problem that's preventing this from being synced up-to-date with the GP2X Fx00 version? :?:

I'm aware there are SVN builds, but then I don't know if those are Wiz-compatible.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: GP2X Wiz port still stuck on 1.0.0?

Post by DJWillis »

marzipan wrote:Is there any particular problem that's preventing this from being synced up-to-date with the GP2X Fx00 version? :?:

I'm aware there are SVN builds, but then I don't know if those are Wiz-compatible.
Unfortunately it is as simple as it gets, my Wiz was a pre-release unit that has recently decided to die and it has taken me a little time to rustle up the cash to grab a new one (and I am still waiting for it to arrive).

There are 1.1.1 builds for the Wiz but I am not comfortable releasing something that I have not been able to test myself (to many bad experiences doing blind releases in the past and nasty bugs slipping in). My plan is to get it tested and checked over as soon as I get the new Wiz and get the release out.

If you want I don't mind uploading an untested build to the forum but what I wanted to avoid was these untested builds being treated as 1.1.1.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Hey, thought I'd ask if you've had any luck in seeing another Wiz in your hands just yet? :)

Apart from that, I'd be quite interested in trying out a 1.1.1 build if it's still possible. Would like to test a few things out, after all. You could always PM me if you'd rather not do a public link. Thanks.
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

marzipan: DJWillis did a small status update on his last blog post.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Well it's been a week and a half now since that blog post.... I can only assume he has a busy schedule?
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

I did try and see if I could run the GP2X version on the Wiz.... no dice. Hope Willis isn't having any kind of life crisis, haha.
Vyngard

Post by Vyngard »

i really would like this to be released anytime soon! :D
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

*sigh* No one happen to know DJWillis's e-mail addy by any chance? Something must be up.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Of course his email address is known: Take his NICKNAME, and append either @users.sourceforge.net or @scummvm.org.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Actually, I found a different one on his blog site in the end, and chucked an e-mail through that. Fingers crossed. :)
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

marzipan wrote:Actually, I found a different one on his blog site in the end, and chucked an e-mail through that. Fingers crossed. :)
Very overdue but http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=117 :)
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Hmmmmm, you say in the blog that 16-bit graphics support was added, yet my testing of Loom TG16 on it seems to suggest otherwise.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

marzipan wrote:Hmmmmm, you say in the blog that 16-bit graphics support was added, yet my testing of Loom TG16 on it seems to suggest otherwise.
I don't own Loom TG16 so unless someone wants to donate me a copy it's rather hard to look into.

I will re-run my 16 bit graphics tests on some HE titles to see if a bug crept in (and if so, get it fixed up for 1.2.0).
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Well, I'm not sure how financially well you are atm, but there's currently an auction for a Turbografx Loom on eBay where you can get it for around roughly £20.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOOM-TURBOGRAFX-1 ... 255c6b02a7

Ends in 7 hours though, so hopefully you'll see this in time!