Teenagent

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Adventureguy

Teenagent

Post by Adventureguy »

Hi guys,
I wanted to ask if somebody ever heard of the adventuregame "Teenagent" released in 1994 by Metropolis-Software? I think it's a great funny game like those LucasArts adventures. In 1999 it's been released as freeware by Metropolis-Software and it uses 2D point&click interface. Could it be possible (maybe in the far future) to support this game for ScummVM? I know you're pretty busy with other stuff, but I'm just asking if it's possible.
MasterGrazzt

Post by MasterGrazzt »

I remember playing the demo version for five minutes when I was around, like, eleven.
trin

Post by trin »

Possible? Yes.
Will it be done? No.
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

Sure, I remember that game. It had some truly superior dialog; whoever did the localization for the English version was really talented. It's a pity that apparently the only version with voice acting is in Polish. Plus the excellent dialog doesn't quite make up for some really insipid pixel hunts.

I think Metropolis had another adventure game that was never released in English at all.
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Jorpho wrote:It's a pity that apparently the only version with voice acting is in Polish.
Does that mean the game was never released with English voice acting? That's too bad because the dialogs are as funny as in the LucasArts games :lol: . Btw: How many other languages does this game have? I'm curious about it to see in how many languages that game was translated.
kimad

Post by kimad »

Yeah, that wasn't a bad game. Well, maybe if there's already a Polish talkie, a fan talkie would be possible. Wonder who has the source code?
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

I tried to contact Metropolis Software several times but they didn't respond.