ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > The Junkyard > monkey island sega cd
monkey island sega cd
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
glokidd

monkey island sega cd 

I just bought the sega cd version fo MI (i did a little dance at that point) and have read that it is supported by ScummVM. I was wondering two things:
-how (when it arrives) do i play it? will i need to do something special (still cant figure out MMnes) to copy the files since its a platform CD?
-and-Is there a game version specific compatibility list?

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kaminari

Mega CD games are standard ISO CDs. You can simply access their files from your OS and copy them to any folder you want. The Sega CD version of MI is compatible with ScummVM.

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:43 am 
glokidd

Thank you kaminari, i have never tried putting a sega cd game in my computer. thank you also for the link to the compatibility list page, but i was wondering if there was a more specific list in regards to language, platform, graphics vesion, ect. I really have nothing else to do (no job, just time) so i could possibly start compiling one in a text file, or possibly even the wiki.

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LogicDeLuxe

You should check the feature requests and bug tracker. Pretty much any version not mentioned there should work fine, I think. Also check the MD5 page for a list of existing game versions.

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:32 pm 
glokidd

thanks logicdeluxe, ill do that. My offer still stands for making a list, if wanted by anyone.

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:40 pm 
sev
ScummVM Lead

quote:
Originally posted by glokidd
I really have nothing else to do (no job, just time) so i could possibly start compiling one in a text file, or possibly even the wiki.

Hey, nice idea. Another idea you could use. There recently appeared need for compiling list of localized game names, like "Inherit the Earth" = "Erben der Erde" in German, and "Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell" is "Marine Malice: Le Mystere du Coquillage Vole" in French. I could point you to several sites where you can find localized names, you just will need to compile them into nice list and put on our Wiki.

Eugene
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:52 pm 
glokidd

ok sounds good, ill start with a long list of names, in a text file, then copy/paste it to the wiki. this may take a while but ill try to make it as complete as possible. glad able to be of help. I might also start a thread about the list so people can contribute names, and list format suggestions to it (my native language is english so I might need some help with translations and whatnot) if thats alright with you guys.

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:29 pm 
Kaminari

Interesting, I wasn't aware the Humongous games had been translated in French.

Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:32 am 
LogicDeLuxe

http://www.mobygames.com/ has many translation (also check the cover arts there). Broken Sword has a lot of them.

Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:41 am 
Reply to topic