ScummVM for Wii - Dummy Edition

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kancerr

ScummVM for Wii - Dummy Edition

Post by kancerr »

I've tried my hardest to find a good tutorial on how to get ScummVM running on Wii with or without the WiiMote and it makes no sense to the uninitiated. I'm hoping this thread can be a way for people with limited computer skills to get a run through of how to get this all working.

I've looked at the rules of the forum, and I hope I'm not breaking any. I simply haven't found a thread that details how to get ScummVM working for the Wii in layman's terms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

This forum is used to discuss the Wii version of ScummVM but not for how to get it working.
Last edited by Red_Breast on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garrythefish

Post by garrythefish »

Hmm, don't want to be a party pooper (again - man, I hate myself for it :P ), but we shouldn't give pointers about softmodding, and the official policy is to presume that the "dirty" work is done already (I say that because I asked this question before and I'm just quoteing the response).

Either we act that way or face the music (no other way, I guess).

Giving instruction on (soft)modding, jailbreaking, methods via flash card/cartridges et sim., cracking/serial/warez, hacking of the original software and other acts of questionable legality is not permitted nor tolerated.

That goes for:
Apple iPod Touch/iPhone
Nintendo 64 (N64)
Nintendo DS (NDS)
Nintendo GameCube (GC/GCN)/Wii
Sega Dreamcast (DC)
Sony Playstation 2 (PS2)
Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)
. . .

Let's keep it clean, shall we? ;)

Edit: clarification and correction
Last edited by garrythefish on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

This forum is used to discuss the Wii version of ScummVM but not for how to get it working.