ScummVM 1.1.0 "Beta quadrant" released

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

ScummVM 1.1.0 "Beta quadrant" released

Post by LordHoto »

Another 4 months passed, a lot of hard work done... and finally it is here: ScummVM 1.1.0 is available now on our downloads page.

There are some pretty exciting new features: We added support for 16bit graphics, which allowed us to add support for a whole bunch of newer Humongous Entertainment games for kids. We also added or improved support for the Amiga versions of Monkey Island, Legend of Kyrandia and Future Wars. Plus there are two completely new engines for the games Dragon History (available for free from here) and TeenAgent (available for free from GOG.com). And finally there is now a port for the Nintendo 64 game console!

Take a look at the release notes if you want to know a bit more.

There is one grain of salt, though: If you want to play Nippon Safes Inc, we recommend that you stick with your current ScummVM version for now, as there are some nasty regressions in there which may even make it impossible to complete the game. Also the background music in Pajama Sam 1 isn't working correctly in the Kitchen and Mine areas anymore.

We are not happy about that, but in the end decided that we should not let this hold up the other new cool stuff we added. Instead, we will follow up this release in about four weeks with a 1.1.1 release that should fix these issues. In fact, you can help us make 1.1.1 even better by reporting any bugs you might encounter in 1.1.0.

And now go and get it while it's still hot from our downloads page, grab a build for your favorite device and have fun :).
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Congratz and thank you for the new release:)
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Nintendo 64 - Whatever next?

Nice one team.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Awesome to finally hear the music in the Amiga version of Monkey Island! :)
criezy
ScummVM Developer

ScummVM Tools GUI beta release

Post by criezy »

Together with this ScummVM release we also made available a new version of the ScummVM Tools with a new shiny Graphical User Interface. This is the result from last year GSoC and some more work from the team. However we know this new version is a bit rough and we did not have the time to test it properly (which is why we released it as a beta version).

Beside the GUI, it is still possible to use the tools in command line (and on some platforms this is the only options). However the many command line executables, apart for a few unruly ones, have been merged into a single executable and the syntax to use them has changed.

You can download the tools on our download page and find the documentation (for both GUI and command line) on our wiki. Please report the bugs you might find on our bug tracker. You are also welcome to make suggestions to improve them on the feature requests tracker.
LishaT92

Help Me!

Post by LishaT92 »

I have windows 7, and I really want to play The Curse of Monkey Island but when I go to install it, it tells me to go to the Install folder of the desk and run setup.exe and that file isnt there...what do i do?
LishaT92

Ok....found the file...still need help

Post by LishaT92 »

I found the file but it says:
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running."

Help??
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Don't install it! Copy the files and folders specified here from both discs to your hard drive (don't worry about overwriting). Then use ScummVM to locate it on your hard drive. You shouldn't be installing anything but ScummVM.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

The Mac version of the 1.1.0 tools is supposedly Universal--according to the download page--but the binary inside the archive is definitely Intel-only.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

MeddlingMonk wrote:The Mac version of the 1.1.0 tools is supposedly Universal--according to the download page--but the binary inside the archive is definitely Intel-only.
You're correct. Updated the page to reflect that.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

clone2727 wrote:You're correct. Updated the page to reflect that.
So no intention to actually have a Universal build of the tools, I guess. Oh, well. I'll just have to roll my own, then.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

MeddlingMonk wrote:
clone2727 wrote:You're correct. Updated the page to reflect that.
So no intention to actually have a Universal build of the tools, I guess. Oh, well. I'll just have to roll my own, then.
The command-line tools are Universal Binaries (like they've always been), it's just the new GUI app which is Intel-only (getting wxWidgets working with the crosscompilation toolchain has been tricky). Hopefully I should have it working by 1.1.1.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

That's good to hear, but still I want it now now now. :D

Actually, I just want to play with the GUI and it'll be interesting if I run into any strange problems trying to compile. When I get around to trying.

Nope. No problems. ./configure && make && make bundle. Done. No surprises. I'm almost disappointed. 8)
Last edited by MeddlingMonk on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Hello, I'm a big ScummVM-Fan and now it's time for me to thank all of you for your great hard work with the 1.1.0.! You bring my favourite adventure games back to life.

Greetings
garrythefish

Post by garrythefish »

Why "beta quadrant"? :P