ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Nintendo DS Port > Help with T7G
Help with T7G
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
mysteryoustraveler

Help with T7G 

Hi there,

I am new to this forum but not new to ScummVM. I have brought over a few of my favorite Lucasarts games to my DS and they work wonderfully. The inventors of ScummVM rocks!

I saw that T7G might also work with Scumm VM. I excitedly pulled out my T7G cds and started adding the files I was supposed to. Unfortunately, I get an error that says ScummVM can't find the game files. I double checked all the files I was supposed to copy from the long list and I think I got all of the right extension files.

Is there another step or steps I am missing?

Any help is most appreciated!
Thanks!

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 pm 
Morden

Here's a list of games supported by the NDS build [1.1.0 beta1]. The 7th Guest is not on it. Don't count on future support either, since the DS doesn't have enough memory to run it.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 pm 
mysteryoustraveler

Sorry, I didn't know that. I was going by what was on the compatibility page here: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/

Since that was last updated in Jan 2010 and the post you pointed me to was from 2005, I am assuming the Jan 2010 list is the most recent and accurate?

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:32 am 
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

2005 was the join date of the post author Wink

I think it's more an issue of processing power than memory, since The 7th Guest plays at a resolution of 640x480, and I think the DS isn't powerful enough to do the scaling in real time.

If it was a memory issue one could have the hope someday the memory packs could be well supported by ScummVM, like the FT/Dig test build showed. Other than that, if it's a processing power limitation, you better spend your time playing it on a computer or another device Wink

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:04 am 
Reply to topic