Nokia 5530xp and command help

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mvamorim

Nokia 5530xp and command help

Post by mvamorim »

I have a Nokia 5530xp and installed the symbian version of scumm. I've got 2 main problems:

1º The screen turns to the wrong side, when my phone is vertically positioned the screen is in landscape mode and when I turn my phone to the landscape position the screen goes to the vertical view (I turned off the turning sensor in the phone options, but its not a good solution)

2º How do I close Scumm using the virtual keyboard!? I tried a few commands but they dont seems to work, quit or exit. I just want to go back to the main screen or exit the scumm.

Can you guys help me?
Thanks alot. Sorry about my english, its bad :(
eesko

Post by eesko »

1:

The controls you need are explained in a sticky post:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6390

This is what worked for me on my 5530:

Touch CUR on the virtual keyboard then touch CTL. Text CTRL should now show on the screen in green, this means you are in control mode. Touch ABC then touch p. The screen orientation should now be correct. Touch CUR and then CLT to deactivate the control and you are good to go.

2:

I've only tried Secret of the Monkey Island so far but in this game the *-key opens the game menu where you can select quit.
mvamorim

Post by mvamorim »

eesko wrote:1:

The controls you need are explained in a sticky post:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6390

This is what worked for me on my 5530:

Touch CUR on the virtual keyboard then touch CTL. Text CTRL should now show on the screen in green, this means you are in control mode. Touch ABC then touch p. The screen orientation should now be correct. Touch CUR and then CLT to deactivate the control and you are good to go.

2:

I've only tried Secret of the Monkey Island so far but in this game the *-key opens the game menu where you can select quit.
Thanks ALOT!

And you can press CUR then 0 to open scumm menu, you can return to main menu or quit the app.