Why can't run Broken sword 2 in my N70?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nenco

Why can't run Broken sword 2 in my N70?

Post by nenco »

When I select the directory a message pop up sayng
"Scummvm could not find any game in the specified directory!"
Same files work on my pc, and Beneath a steel sky run on my N70!
:cry:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

That game has not been compiled for Symbian OS yet.
2 reasons.
1. Requires more memory and cpu power than is normally available on the current Symbian Devices.
3. Screen resolution of this game is 640x480 so not sure in what kind of usable state it would be in. Also the performance due to the downscaled should not be taken lightly. But in the next generation of S60 devices perhaps, where we have 250+mhz processors in them
nenco

Post by nenco »

I wanna try anyway, i dont think memory is a problem because usually there is more than 30 mb of free ram, cpu is the problem (i think is a 220 mhz). but I spent 45 euros today for a 512 mb rs-mmc dual voltage!!
Where can i find a scummvm s60 v2 compiled with broken sword 2?? (maybe i will compile it myself but i dont know how)
Thanks anyway for this peace of software!!!
And excuse my poor english.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well you can't find a version with with Broken Sword 1 or 2 in it. Neither is there any support, so you have to update/create all the project files, and I am not even certain that it will compile using the Symbian ARM compiler. I will release the SDL port very shortly so you can try to built it by your self.

And when it comes to memorycards, I guess there are plenty of other things you can fill it with.

We have never claimed that ScummVM for Symbian will be running all games on all platforms, neither at any kind of performance. You can try to run COMI which is supported, and running 640x480 to see if runs with it can run with any kind of performance.

That game is 2 cds, and will gobble up your mmc quite nicely. :-)
nenco

Post by nenco »

Anotherguest wrote:And when it comes to memorycards, I guess there are plenty of other things you can fill it with.
Off course, this is not a problem :)
Anotherguest wrote:You can try to run COMI which is supported, and running 640x480 to see if runs with it can run with any kind of performance.

That game is 2 cds, and will gobble up your mmc quite nicely. :-)
GREAT!!!
Why dont you say before? :wink:
My friend have COMI!

:D :D :D
nenco

Post by nenco »

Can I use ogg encoded files??
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

nenco wrote:Can I use ogg encoded files??
At least not now. Official build is built only with MP3 support but not Ogg Vorbis.

Eugene
SumthinWicked
ScummVM Porter

Post by SumthinWicked »

nenco wrote:Can I use ogg encoded files??
We will add specific builds for a bunch of different combinations of features. There will also be Full Feature builds for all platforms including Ogg Vorbis support. This is one of the advantages of my new automatic build system.

We are also experimenting with preliminary Sword1/2 support, as we are seeing more powerfull phones nowadays that can handle 640x480. Keep an eye on the forums I would say ;)

greetz,
SumthinWicked
nenco

Post by nenco »

Great news,
as for now COMI just go black screen and exit scummvm.