Disable sound output on 5800 XM

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

paines

Disable sound output on 5800 XM

Post by paines »

Hi

I am playing ZacMackracken on the 5800XM right now, an I must say I am really impressed by the port. Great work. Lots of fun.

However, sometimes would be nice to disable sound (public places etc) when playing. Neither from the Scummvm Menu or with the audio keys the sound output cannot be changed/lowered. Any hints ?

I am using the S60 v3 release.

Thanks and best regards
paines
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Press the square (slightly highlighted), to get mini vkeyboard. press cur to get cur,press ctrl to enable control mode. tap down arrow to lower volume. tap ctrl to exit control mode. tap min key to remove the control area.

Very complicated I know, any suggestions for improvement. ??
paines

Post by paines »

I remember doing that, which didn't change the volume. I will recheck.

In the begining i was confused about the Square thingy, but once you got it, it is very clever (imho) and you can "work" fast with it. I also played around with Scummvm on the Wiz (a Linux based handheld from Korea) and I must say that the S60 Scummvm port is much better, even that the Wiz has several buttons.

BR
paines
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

Anotherguest wrote: Very complicated I know, any suggestions for improvement. ??
Well, seeing as ALL phones (i think) have some sort of physical volume buttons on them, can't you assign these buttons to set the volume on scummvm as well?
paines

Post by paines »

It works.
My first try back then was to use the Mute function which doesn't work. Decreasing to 0 does the job.

Thanks Anotherguest for the hint.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well. yes. Hmm true. Could use those buttons for that. or right click. Hmm actually I should at least get media keys for left and right click usage.