saving in woodruff anyone knows how?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Oracle

saving in woodruff anyone knows how?

Post by Oracle »

hello,

does anyone know how i can save my game in woodruff?

I can only manage to pauze my game, and saving via scummvm doesn't work

tnx
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: saving in woodruff anyone knows how?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Oracle wrote: does anyone know how i can save my game in woodruff?
You should see some menu icons if you move the mouse pointer to the top of the game screen. If that doesn't work, I don't know.
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Oracle wrote: does anyone know how i can save my game in woodruff?
You should see some menu icons if you move the mouse pointer to the top of the game screen. If that doesn't work, I don't know.
no menu icons :( this does work in goblins though. In woodruff i cannot move my cursos to the top..
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Oracle wrote: no menu icons :( this does work in goblins though. In woodruff i cannot move my cursos to the top..
That sound strange. What kind of system are you playing the game on? If it's an ordinary computer, are you using windowed or fullscreen mode?

Here's how the top of the screen looks for me:
woodruff.png
woodruff.png (8.06 KiB) Viewed 10221 times
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

I play it on maemo5 (n900) while such menu pops up in goblins 3, the woodruff ones are missing. I tried like all key combinations without succes.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Oracle wrote:I play it on maemo5 (n900) while such menu pops up in goblins 3, the woodruff ones are missing. I tried like all key combinations without succes.
I have no idea, then. I don't even know what that device looks like. Perhaps someone in the Maemo port forum knows?
goetz

Use swipe to position mouse cursor without clicking

Post by goetz »

The menus in Woodruff are there on the N900, just a bit difficult to reach. Try tapping the stylus somewhere and then swiping it to the top center of the screen. Now the three menu icons should appear and you can use them after releasing the stylus.

Seems that a "click" event is only generated for ScummVM on the N900 when the screen is tapped, and swiping (tapping, holding and moving) can be used to put the mouse cursor somewhere without clicking.

That can be quite useful in other games. In fact, I discovered this feature when I wanted to leave the inventory in COMI.
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

when trying this swiping methoded I actually found out the menu works just fine in windowed mode!

while I cannot get access to the menu via full screen, windowed mode works fine.

Woodruff in the pocket, this is great!!

tnx for the help!
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

how do i get access in the assesorybox in the invertory(bushwith tar on it and finger etc) ? I need to use the finger on the nose but cannot get the finger from the box from the invertory (assesorybox)
@9.13 from the following vid i'm stuck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAwz3En33vA

tnx
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

Hi all, I was wondering if someone actually how to awsner my last quetion.. been some time now and even an update, but I cant open that box :(
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

Try the latest daily build and turn off clicking mode.

This will allow you to move the mouse to the top of the screen without clicking.