The Dig Nokia - 5530 XM review

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

VeRStie

The Dig Nokia - 5530 XM review

Post by VeRStie »

I've been playing The Dig on my 5530, at first i have the same problem as anyone, the "freezing" dialog, you can skip this by pressing the . on virtual keyboard, i think i've read it is the "fire" button. You can do that, but it's so tedious, so, to fix that you have to set the game on "subtitles only", so the game will play normally, with the subtitle speed you set. The only problem i can't fix is the sound, i've tried every sound setting, and have no results, it's random, sometimes you have sound effects but the game get muted in minutes... the weird thing is that the videos and cutscenes have full sound, music and speech.
I know is boring to play it that way, but it's completable.

-------EN ESPAÑOL-------
Estuve jugando The Dig en mi 5530, primero tuve el mismo problema que tienen todos, el diálogo que se traba, pero estos se pueden pasar con el . del teclado virtual, creo que es el botón de disparo. Pueden hacer eso, pero es muy tedioso, la solución que encontré es ponerlo en modo de "súbtitulos solamente", así andan normal los diálogos, con la velocidad que le pongan. El único problema que no pude solucionar es el sonido, intenté con todas las configuraciones de sonido, pero no tuve éxito, es aleatorio, a veces hay sonido, pero después de un tiempo se va. Lo loco es que todos los videos que aparecen en el juego tienen sonido, música y diálogos que se escuchan bien.
Se que es aburrido jugarlo de esa manera, pero es completable.

Miguel Angel Alvarez...
...mi aporte
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

are you using compressed audio files? because that only happens with that. Original files should work fine.
VeRStie

Post by VeRStie »

Mataku wrote:are you using compressed audio files? because that only happens with that. Original files should work fine.
I've downloaded a version who has the audio on mp3... the spanish version. i dunno where can i find the original one, or what files shouldn't be compressed. But on scummvm for windows it works perfect...
Miguel Angel Alvarez...
...thanx 4 ur reply
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

Forum rule #0
can't help you.
VeRStie

Post by VeRStie »

Mataku wrote:Forum rule #0
can't help you.
EDIT: Nevermind, i wasn't asking for a download site, or files. I've lurked moar and understood what you were talking about... i'll try with the uncompressed version and if i succed, i'll post my review...
Miguel Angel Alvarez...
...thanx =)

UPDATE:
You were right, the non compressed version works well, full sound, speech and music =).
Miguel Angel Alvarez...
...you can close this topic if you want