Nokia 9300 / S80

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

peterszky wrote:I use the old ScummVM on my 9300i. I get a crash in MI2 and Indy Fate of Atlantis. MI2: 2 places, when Guybrush goes underwater for the monkey head and on the cliffside on Booty, when Guybrush goes near the cliffside and the screen start to scroll (kern.exec).
Indy: traveling with the ballon or camel, reaches the edge of the map, and the screen start to scroll (kern.exec)

Now I will try it with the new build, thanks for it guys!
There was an issue with scrolling in small devices in older versions of ScummVM which has been fixed in later versions (if memory serves right, since version 0.11.0/0.11.1)
peterszky

Post by peterszky »

The new one is working perfectly 8) No more crashes :lol:
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

AnotherGuest could You do anything to Sam&Max ? Because I want end this adventure game and without cursor I can't do anything :/
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

AG could You answer me question :( ?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm I don't know what is the fault, I dont have a 9300i to test with. Emulator testing is not possible and actually its the same SDL code as the rest of the Symbian ports, so should not be that different, bad data files perhaps?
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

Could someone check it in s60v2 symbian? Coursor is in menu but not in the game... But it IS but we cannot see coursor.
jaggred

Post by jaggred »

there is any possibility to compile newer version of scummvm on s80? (the newest on webpage is 0.91., but im looking for somethinkg fresher)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well not just like that. The code is not compatible with the compilers available for S80. There are serious codepatching that can be done, and even then its not sure that you can run it on device properly.
jaggred

Post by jaggred »

ye, i found that info on some readme file.
Im not rly familiar with compiling symbian application (but i think, that if you didnt release new version for s80, its obviously hard, or impossible)

but still sorry to hear that. since s80 is rly great platform (big screen, mouse-like joy) for scumm games.

Gr~
zod

Post by zod »

what was the latest version of s80 build?
i have 0.11.1, from 1. March 2008
couldnt find fresher version than 0.9.1 but maybe somebody have something newer?
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

Soo - version 0.9.1 is the last ? AG could You tell us the truth ? I don't see a new version for s60v2 so this is the end for old platforms ?
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Vicious wrote:Soo - version 0.9.1 is the last ? AG could You tell us the truth ? I don't see a new version for s60v2 so this is the end for old platforms ?
What Anotherguest said just above here basically means the end yes. It seems it is impossible get the new ScummVM compiled for those old devices without some major effort.
That means it is very unlikely someone will ever bother doing it.
zod

Post by zod »

bobdevis wrote:What Anotherguest said just above here basically means the end yes. ...
question was that does anyone have newer sis file than 0.9.1.
AG updated s80 port several times but all links are dead now.
i have 0.1.11 from 01.03.08 installed but i dont have .sis file for it.
Iggi

Post by Iggi »

zod wrote: question was that does anyone have newer sis file than 0.9.1.
AG updated s80 port several times but all links are dead now.
i have 0.1.11 from 01.03.08 installed but i dont have .sis file for it.
Probably a little late, but I discovered that I still had the sis file on my memory card.

I've uploaded the file to http://digitalimagecorp.de/files/scummvm-0.11.1-s80.sis in case anybody is still interested in it.