scummvm for 6600

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

baberkhan

scummvm for 6600

Post by baberkhan »

Dear all,
I have been wandering for the scummvm version that can play monkey island 1 and 2 on my 6600 but nothing really worked yet.I've tried every scummvm version including the Anotherguest's binaries.

Anybody can please give me the tested scummvm which can play MI 1 and 2 on 6600. My firmware is 4.09 , I have plenty of free ram, around 1.5 mb and I have 512 mb memory card.Any suggestions?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. free ram .. that indicates available working memory. should be around 8-9 on your 6600.. then you have C: which the flashdrive on your phone, where you probably has 1,5 mb free.

Seems that the 6600 is the most trickest phone to get scummvm working properly. Try downloading the smallest..scumm only version and disable any music etc.

I have no problems running Indy4 (fate of atlantis) on my N-Gage and that platform is also not very stable
baberkhan

Post by baberkhan »

Ive tried the smallest scummvm on your cvs page, it was around 700 kb but its not working either.

Can you please give me the link of the tested scummvm that can run Monkey 1 and 2 on 6600 firmware 4.09.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

They have been using an updated version of the 0.8.0 version(SDL backend updated to handle the sound better) has been able to run it. So I think you should try the 0.8.2 version.