Broken Sword 1 cutscenes

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Luther

Broken Sword 1 cutscenes

Post by Luther »

Should cutscenes work when playing Broken Sword on the iPhone? I just launched it for the first time after re-jailbreaking to increase partition size enough to play it but got a message "Cut scene 'intro' not found". The game itself works but I didn't want to play without setting the scene!
Last edited by Luther on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luther

Post by Luther »

Okay, so I now realise I need to copy the video folder from the original installation, (these files aren't listed in the 'what files are required' section – I guess because they're techically not REQUIRED to play the game – but I think listing them with a note to that effect would be useful) but now I get a message "MPEG cutscenes are no longer supported"!!

Do I need to convert them to a different format or something? Or can I get supported versions from somewhere else?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Luther wrote: Do I need to convert them to a different format or something? Or can I get supported versions from somewhere else?
The ScummVM downloads page has the cutscenes for Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2.
Luther

Post by Luther »

Cool, thanks! Got it working now - it's even better than I remember :)
3HeadsMonkey

Post by 3HeadsMonkey »

Well, I have found the cutscenes list in the link you wrote (thanks!!!!!!) but I still cannot make it work.... First: which one should I download? second: after I downloaded it... what??? I tried in some ways but I just go on trying cause I don't know from where to start... :oops:
help!!! :°)

ps. I have this problem on windows (vista)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

3HeadsMonkey wrote:First: which one should I download?
That depends. The top one, titled "Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Pack (English, DXA compression)", should have all the cutscenes with English voices. You can use one of the "AddOn" packages to change the language, add subtitles, etc.
3HeadsMonkey wrote:second: after I downloaded it... what???
Assuming that you've gotten the game itself to run (it's hard to tell from what you wrote), uncompressing the files into the folder where you keep the other data files for the game ought to work. (I keep mine in a sub-folder named "video", but that's not necessary. I just find it neater that way.)

If you haven't gotten the game itself to run, that's a different problem and the cutscene files will make no difference. They're just the in-game movies after all.
3HeadsMonkey

Post by 3HeadsMonkey »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
3HeadsMonkey wrote:First: which one should I download?
That depends. The top one, titled "Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Pack (English, DXA compression)", should have all the cutscenes with English voices. You can use one of the "AddOn" packages to change the language, add subtitles, etc.
3HeadsMonkey wrote:second: after I downloaded it... what???
Assuming that you've gotten the game itself to run (it's hard to tell from what you wrote), uncompressing the files into the folder where you keep the other data files for the game ought to work. (I keep mine in a sub-folder named "video", but that's not necessary. I just find it neater that way.)

If you haven't gotten the game itself to run, that's a different problem and the cutscene files will make no difference. They're just the in-game movies after all.
I DID IT! The forst file of cutscenes was the right for me :D the game was running but, you know, I like to see all the scenes :)

Thanks! :wink: