FOTAQ version Windows of ScummVM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Line Gwendo

FOTAQ version Windows of ScummVM

Post by Line Gwendo »

Hello,
Which is the procedure for the operation of "Flight of the amazon queen" with the version Windows of ScummVM ?

In the page of documentation of this site, I found "Game dated Files":
- Queen1
- Queen.tbl
or :
Freeware version
- Queen.1c
These files are not sufficient to make turn the play, which should be downloaded moreover?
Big Bottom

Post by Big Bottom »

You have to download and install the actual ScummVM program from the downloads page. Then you have to run ScummVM, add a new game and point it to the FOTAQ directory. Then you should be able to play, you only need the files you listed.
Line Gwendo

Post by Line Gwendo »

Thank you for your answer,
I downloaded and installed the version 0.8.1 Windows Installer, then added FOTAQ.
ScummVM recognizes FOTAQ but when I click on the button "run"... it is closed again at once.
I also downloaded "Flight of the Amazon Queen, Freeware Floppy Version" and it functions well. It contains repertories and a file fotaq.ini.
This version diskette is in English language and I would like to have the texts and the voices in French.
I did not find the instructions to change the language.
Regards
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

If you use your own (french) version you'll need to have the queen.tbl file in the same directory as queen.1 (or somewhere in your extra path).
Line Gwendo

Post by Line Gwendo »

The French version functions well with DosBox, and I can make turn under ScummVM the version installable created by Clem : it is an excellent version, but in English.
I cannot have the French language under ScummVM.
Regards
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Line Gwendo wrote:I cannot have the French language under ScummVM.
Not when using the english datafile, no.
Your french version should work with ScummVM if you have the queen.tbl file.
Line Gwendo

Post by Line Gwendo »

By adding the file queen.tbl in the repertory of the French version FOTAQ, ScummVM recognizes the play and adds it with its list, but it cannot launch it : ScummVM is closed again directly and completely without error message.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Start ScummVM from a console / command-prompt and see if prints any error messages when starting your FOTAQ.
Line Gwendo

Post by Line Gwendo »

Hello,
This computer is under XP.
I tried to read the messages of ScummVM in his console, but it is closed too quickly to have time.
It is possible that the French version does not function under ScummVM because it has additional files ".dog" containing data of conversations.
I give up my tests.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

If you start ScummVM from a console yourself (Start->Run->"cmd") instead of double-clicking scummvm.exe it shouldn't close.
Line Gwendo

Post by Line Gwendo »

I tried to launch ScummVM with : "start" "run" "G:\ScummVM\Scummvm.exe"
but I always obtain the same result : ScummVM finds FOTAQ, but I obtain total and instantaneous closing as soon as I click on "start".

However, the version of Clem functions perfectly, it is very stable. It contains a file of initialization "fotaq.ini"... but not the French language.
Regards
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

joostp wrote:If you start ScummVM from a console yourself (Start->Run->"cmd") instead of double-clicking scummvm.exe it shouldn't close.
Line Gwendo

Post by Line Gwendo »

Wow! Exact, the play launches out very well and in French: -)
The musics and voices are of better quality that under DosBox !
I did not know "cmd.exe", thank you joostp.
Regards