having problems transfering games on my ipod touch

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Matthew77

having problems transfering games on my ipod touch

Post by Matthew77 »

Hi All

Hope I'm not repeating something already asked but I couldn't find anything about it in the search.

I'm wanting some help getting my games onto my ipod touch so far I have managed to get my ipod jailbroken & cydia installed, but its getting the games from my pc over to the ipod which isn't going so well.

I've tried file zilla but my router or firewall is blocking the use of this method even tho' I've allowed filezilla access.

So I've tried to get the games on my ipod by usb, tried AVCWare but that wouldn't recognise my ipod, diskaid worked but it doesn't seem to let me put the game files in the right folder & using scummvm it wouldn't find them!

Is there any simple ways to get the game files on my ipod using the usb cable?

thank you

Matt
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

The connection between your PC and your iPhone doesn't go through your router's firewall, so it's unlikely that there's a problem there. Make sure you're trying an SFTP connection and not a plain FTP connection, that you've installed OpenSSH in Cydia, and that you're connecting to the right IP address. Also: The first time you try might take some time due to OpenSSH having to generate host keys.
Matthew77

Post by Matthew77 »

Vinterstum wrote:The connection between your PC and your iPhone doesn't go through your router's firewall. Also: The first time you try might take some time due to OpenSSH having to generate host keys.
Thank you Vinterstum Both of these have now helped me get the games onto my ipod :)

Thanks again