Nokia E61i & N77: no game detected with 1.0.0rc1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rfc

Nokia E61i & N77: no game detected with 1.0.0rc1

Post by rfc »

Initially I wrote this post for my problem with N77, I just later realized I'm having exact the same problems with my older E61i. The difference being, in the past I had a working version of scummvm on E61i running, but removed all stuff since then. Although I'm only writing N77 in the post, it is exactly the same with my E61i too. Either there's really a problem with the Symbian port or I've an ueber-skill in installing this software ...
Hi,

I just installed scummvm on my N77 and uploaded a view game files, but none of the games are detected when I want to add them. I added only LucasArts games, e.g.: monkey1, monkey1, DOTT, MM, Zak, etc. The message is: ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory.

It also happened that the monkey island 1 data files have been detected as loom (vga) version, however starting the game wasn't possible: 000.lfl was not found was the message.

I tried the same data files with the 1.0.0rc1 win32 version and everything works as expected. I also ensured that the files on the phone are the same name, size, etc. and they are.

I installed the application on the Flash Memory which the phone itself sees as drive E: . I've copied the game data files to E:\resource\apps\scummvm\games\* , because the scummvm directory already existed.

I noticed that when I start up ScummVM and go to Options/Paths, they point to C:\Scummvm . I don't recall creating those paths, are they valid then? I'm not sure how to verify this, when I connect the phone to Windows for file transfer it only maps the Flash memory drive to the PC.

Is there currently a known issue with the Symbian Port and or with Symbion/N77 ?

thanks
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Resource apps folder is a read only folder so you should not put any game files in there. Please place them in e:\scummgame\game1 etc instead.
rfc

Post by rfc »

Thanks, that fixed it!