Broken Sword

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Luther

Broken Sword

Post by Luther »

Eager to play this again after many years I bought the Sold Out Software twin pack from Amazon. However the files on the disc are totally different from the ones listed as needed in the ScummVM Wiki. Will it work with this version or I have I just wasted my time and money?!
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword

Post by robinwatts »

[quote="Luther"]Eager to play this again after many years I bought the Sold Out Software twin pack from Amazon. However the files on the disc are totally different from the ones listed as needed in the ScummVM Wiki. Will it work with this version or I have I just wasted my time and money?![/quote]

No. The Sold Out software twin pack actually uses ScummVM internally, so the files are in exactly the right format.

The only possible exception is that of the cutscenes, and these are offered for download from ScummVMs home page.

HTH,

Robin
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I don't have that edition but from what i recall, you have to install the game first or unpack the cab archives to get to the game data files.
Mort

Post by Mort »

Jonatan wrote:I don't have that edition but from what i recall, you have to install the game first or unpack the cab archives to get to the game data files.
Yeah, they come bundled in an .exe installer. So even though you can have ScummVM on dozens of platforms Sold Out have (in a way) limited it to Windows for the sake of ease-of-use.

Install it on a PC and you can then copy the files to ScummVM wherever you have it.
Luther

Post by Luther »

Thanks, that was it - did it using Parallels