ScummVM DS 1.0.0 beta3 [obsolete]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

ScummVM DS 1.0.0 beta3 [obsolete]

Post by agentq »

Please test this new beta version of ScummVM, and post your results here. It would be good to know which games you have tested.

This is the big one - version 1.0.0. It's a big milestone for the whole ScummVM project, as this means the project is out of the first development phase and into a real prime-time release!

So it's important that this version is as good as it can be. Whether that happens will be down to all you great forum users. If you try this and post any bugs you may find, you'll be helping to make ScummVM DS better for everyone. I can only test a small number of games, so if you have played a game and know it works, please post that here too.

New features in this version:

New Features

* A mouse pad area underneath the on-screen keybaord allows you to move the mouse with the keyboard open.
* Using the laptop trackpad-style controls, moving the cursor to the edge of the screen now scrolls the view
* The usual round of bugfixes.

Download here:
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummv ... 0beta3.zip

Supported Games

Build A:
Manic Mansion
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Loom
Passport to Adventure
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Bear Stormin' (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade (DOS version only)

Build B:
Beneath a Steel Sky
Flight of the Amazon Queen

Build C:
Simon the Sorcerer 1/2
Elvira 1/2
Waxworks (Amiga version only)

Build D:
Sierra AGI games
Gobliiins 1 - 3
Bargon Attack
Ween: The Prophecy
Future Wars
Lost in Time

Build E:
Inherit the Earth

Build F:
Kyrandia 1

Build G:
Lure of the Temptress

Build H:
Nippon Safes
Last edited by agentq on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Beta 3? Aren't we sort of going backwards here? There was an RC not long ago. =\
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I know it looks like it, but we're not. The previous betas resulted in the 1.0.0 RC1 build, but this one is a beta test for the final 1.0.0 release.

So please test this, it would be good to get some posts on here if there are bugs.
protomank

Post by protomank »

Will Full Throttle and the Dig support get into 1.0, or will those have to wait for 1.1?

Thanks
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Full Throttle and The Dig are not going to be integrated with the main code base. There are just too many changes for it to be done cleanly.

They will stay as test builds, but I don't see that as a problem - they work pretty well as they are.
2-bias

Post by 2-bias »

agentq wrote:Full Throttle and The Dig are not going to be integrated with the main code base. There are just too many changes for it to be done cleanly.

They will stay as test builds, but I don't see that as a problem - they work pretty well as they are.
so could you please make a Build J for them? even those are LucasArts Games, i would prefer an own build for them
pankratz

beta test

Post by pankratz »

Hi,

the new features are working very good.

Until now I got this problems (DS lite with R4DS):
- grafic problems in Simon 2 [German] (two horizontal lines with dots of wrong colour)
- no voice in Indy4-Talkie (maybe just not supported?)
Sidni7

ScummVM DS 1.0.0 beta3

Post by Sidni7 »

The Legend of Kyrandia
full talkie version
M3 DS Real with Sandisk 4GB memory card on a DS Lite.

Very pleased to be able to help after a couple of years enjoying your program! No major problems found in the new build. Sleep function worked well. Just experienced a few crashes:-
Crashed when I tried to save at Emerald Cavern. I was carrying scroll, gold coin, 4 rocks, 2 fireberries, 2 emeralds
Crashed when I tried to save just after I escaped the cave as a floaty purple ball. I was carrying scroll, iron key, letter, flute, ruby, apple, 2 emeralds
Crashed in when I tried to save in castle dungeon. Carrying sceptre, crown, chalice, rainbow stone, flute, golden key

Keep up the good work. I'm loving it! :lol:
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hi Sidni7, thanks for your feedback.

Do you have any saved game files you can send me near to when your game crashed?

When you reloaded the game, I assume you were able to get past the point that crashed?

Thanks for any help you can give in tracking this down!
Sidni7

ScummVM DS 1.0.0 beta3

Post by Sidni7 »

Hi agentq,
yes I was always able to get past the crash after reloading a saved game, but I did it by proceeding in a slightly different manner to that which had caused the crash.

I have one saved game file which is a few moves after the crash in the dungeon. Not sure if this would be helpful to you or not. If you want it, how do I get it to you? (Sorry I'm enthusiastic about helping but not very knowledgable). I think I do actually recognise the save game file though, which is a start!

If it would be helpful, I'll play the whole game through again and see if the crashes happen in the same place.
Regards,
Deb
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I've sent you a private message on this board with my email address.

Click the PM's button at the top of this page to see the message.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM DS 1.0.0 beta3

Post by LordHoto »

Sidni7 wrote:Hi agentq,
yes I was always able to get past the crash after reloading a saved game, but I did it by proceeding in a slightly different manner to that which had caused the crash.

I have one saved game file which is a few moves after the crash in the dungeon. Not sure if this would be helpful to you or not. If you want it, how do I get it to you? (Sorry I'm enthusiastic about helping but not very knowledgable). I think I do actually recognise the save game file though, which is a start!

If it would be helpful, I'll play the whole game through again and see if the crashes happen in the same place.
Regards,
Deb
Thanks for reporting those crashes, I did some tests and as a result I was able to identify some memory leaks, which I fixed now. So hopefully it will work fine now. (Of course you would need an updated NDS version to check for yourself ;-).
Sidni7

To LordHoto

Post by Sidni7 »

That's great news. Thanks for the feedback. Its good to know that my info helped a little bit. Maybe I'll test another game soon...