Monkey Island SE Question

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mabrookes

Monkey Island SE Question

Post by mabrookes »

I have no idea if this is the right place to be asking about this, when I did a search for audio/ambience.xwb I found a topic in this forum.

After downloading Monkey Island se twice, as some of the rars were corrupt, I started the intallation only to find that 3 of the installation files are corrupt and it wants me to download. I was curious to know if anyone could, instead, give me or point me in the direction of where I can get just these 3 files. They are audio\ambience.xwb , audio\speech.xwb , directx\Nov2007_d3dx9_36_x86.cab.

Im hoping thats all of them and it should work if I can find them. Thanks for your patience in reading this :) Any help would be appreciated.

Michael
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Where did you bought the game from? You should ask there?
chrisis

Are you sure you BOUGHT the game?

Post by chrisis »

Are you sure you bought the game? Afaik neither Steam nor Direct2Drive (the two download services I know that sell the game) use RARs for the game.
So, if you didn't buy the game, please look at Forum Rule #0 and don't bother the people here with a pirated game.
Thank you very much!
mabrookes

Post by mabrookes »

Thats what I was trying to avoid having to do, I dont have internet access at my uni house yet (another week to wait for 50Mb), and from the uni library I obviously couldnt get the game, so my dad bought it and uploaded it so I could then download it using a direct link - if that makes sense. I just sent the money to him. If the only way to get this to work is to get the original properly ill have to wait till next week :(
peres
ScummVM Developer

Post by peres »

I don't want to ruin your week, but if your dad couldn't rip the files and make a working archive for you, maybe the dvds are damaged and you will really need to buy a(nother) copy :twisted:
mabrookes

Post by mabrookes »

lol its not that bad, its a download game not a dvd otherwise i could just have got him to send me the dvd :P It takes so long to download from his private server though as his upstreamn is not very fast so I think ill just give in for now and wait.

Edit. In fact ill get him to send me a copy on a dvd :roll: Cant believe i didnt think about that before spending hours in the library untill 4am.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

I think you won't be able to play it anyway, as the game needs you to be online with your Steam-account... if I'm not entirely wrong here.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

If it is the Steam version, just put the Steam folder as it is to a DVD, USB stick, whatever and copy it untouched to your PC. Steam works just like this. There is no need to install it from scratch. (Desktop or start menu icons have to be made manually in that case, though)
Laserschwert wrote:I think you won't be able to play it anyway, as the game needs you to be online with your Steam-account... if I'm not entirely wrong here.
Only once. Steam should work with slow connections. You only need it to verify that the game is on your account. And maybe a few minutes, in case the Steam software is updated. Once, this is done, you can set Steam into offline mode.