I need major help

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Woiroldawg13

I need major help

Post by Woiroldawg13 »

I am new to this whole scumm thing but I do own a copy of Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis and love the game but want to play it on my Zire 72. I have the emulator but I don't know how to get the game onto my palm. Please, Please help me out.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

first thin that you need to do is make a folder in the games directory (or wherever) for your game on your card using a card reader. for now lets just call the folder IJFA.
Now, assuming you are using the PC version of the game , put the following game files in your IJFA folder: ATLANTIS.000, ATLANTIS.001 (and MONSTER.SOU if your using the cd version). At this point it would be best to check and make sure you have the follwing files in your \Palm\Programs\ScummVM\mods\ folder: scumm.engine (if using the latest 'test' version) and possibly scumm.data and common.data (you only need these files in your mod directory if you are using a 0.7.* version). Ok, now our card work is done.
Install the scummvm.prc and the skin.pdf (and mathlib if not already installed)
via hotsynch and start up the scummvm app. select add\edit either by touching the + sign or from the pull down menu. fill in the following info

Entry name: (you put whatever you want the game to be refered to here)

Path: \PALM\Programs\ScummVM\Games\IJFA (be sure to remember the first \ )

Game: atlantis (the is the game identifier it tells the app what game its trying to run)

Engine: scumm games

press OK, and you should be ready to go. :)
Hope this helped
P.S. there is a palmOS subforum and this post will probably be moved there
Woiroldawg13

Post by Woiroldawg13 »

I did exactly that and all I get is a message that says "Cannot find file 'atlantis.000'"
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

what version exactly are you using. Make sure your card is selected, by touching the card in the upper right hand corner of the gui (newer test versions have 'builtin' or 'bulletin' set as default card, so select yours. if that doesnt work try to add the game in direct mode (looks just like the regular pc ScummVM launcher). to get direct mode, deselect your game by tapping it again and start with no game selected. you will be asked what engine the game is so select scumm games.
Woiroldawg13

Post by Woiroldawg13 »

glokidd wrote:what version exactly are you using. Make sure your card is selected, by touching the card in the upper right hand corner of the gui (newer test versions have 'builtin' or 'bulletin' set as default card, so select yours. if that doesnt work try to add the game in direct mode (looks just like the regular pc ScummVM launcher). to get direct mode, deselect your game by tapping it again and start with no game selected. you will be asked what engine the game is so select scumm games.

I'm using 0.7.1 and i tried that in Direct Mode and all I got was

"ScummVm Fatal Error"
(0:0:0x0): charset 1 not in room 68 at 7065389+112686 in file atlantis.001
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

hmm, im not sure but its possible that the game file might be corrupt. can you run it via scummvm on your computer?
Woiroldawg13

Post by Woiroldawg13 »

I'm playing it on my computer right now, but i want to take it with me and play it on breaks at work and in class.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

umm im not sure what can be causing this then, maybe post what exactly your add info for the game is now?
Woiroldawg13

Post by Woiroldawg13 »

I copied those folders exactly that you posted earlier and i put in common.data, scumm.data, and scumm.engine in the mods folder.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

what version of IJFA are you using cd talkie or floppy? maybe its a bug in 0.7.1, try getting 0.7.0 from here (this is the version i use and have sucessfully completed IJFA floppy with on my T[E2])
http://capers.free.fr/ScummVM/download.php
you will have to replace the scumm.engine, common.data, and scumm.data files. also remember that the adding is case sensitive.
i really hope this helps.
Woiroldawg13

Post by Woiroldawg13 »

Tried 0.7.0 and checked every capitol letter, and still the same error.

I just found my last crusade game and it works to an extent, it at least loads.
It runs extremely slow, is there a way to speed it up??
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

under misc. in your menus check the ARM optimization box, this only works if your palm has an ARM processor.