Can't believe no one else has this problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sodapop

Can't believe no one else has this problem

Post by sodapop »

Hi,
New here and can't seem to find any info this. I can't believe no one else has this problem.

I'm running Day of the Tentacle on the PSP, but I have a problem. I don't see anyway of switching from one character to another! I'm stuck with Bernard and no way to get to Hoagie or the girl. Their little picture icons are gone!

Can anyone help???
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Do you mean they were there before and vanished after a while of playing the game, or did you just start a new game and the icons aren't there? (The latter is normal)
sodapop

Post by sodapop »

The latter. They were never there. That's normal??? How do you play the game? Is there something I missed? How do you jump between characters?
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

Yes, that's normal.

For questions like these, please refer to www.gamefaqs.com, or any other walkthrough site of your choice.
sodapop

Post by sodapop »

Uhhh.. Are we talking about the same game? I'm talking about Day of the Tenacle (DOTT). I don't see how that can be normal, as it does not let you jump between characters, as you should. After the first five minutes you need all three characters to play the game. If you can't jump between characters, you can't play the game.

I've played the game to completion on the PC. You use picture icons to jump between characters. This feature does not work when you port it over to the PSP.

Since all the walkthroughs were made for the PC version NONE OF THEM give any information on how to 'switch between characters, without clicking on their icons.' You have to click on a character icon.

I've looked at several walkthroughs. They all take for granted that the icons are there.

I don't need a walkthrough. I need a way to jump from one character to another without being able to click on their non-exsistant icons.

If there is a shortcut of some kind, please let me know. Otherwise I'll have to assume that it doesn't work with the PSP.

Thanks
Last edited by sodapop on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sodapop

Post by sodapop »

Just a thought... Are you guys really familar with the game? If you're not, you might think the game's working, when it isn't.

The missing character icons are crucial to the game.

I find it strange that no one has ever posted this problem before. Maybe everyone who has tried it on the PSP doesn't know it's broke.

By the way, that link does not work.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

DOTT works perfectly fine on PSP.

I guess you weren't paying attention when you played it on PC, because those icons only start to appear after a while of playing (i.e. after certain events are triggered).
This is regardless of which platform you play it on.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

sodapop wrote:Just a thought... Are you guys really familar with the game? If you're not, you might think the game's working, when it isn't.
I've finished the game countless times, several of those on PSP.
It sounds like it's you who is not familiar with the game. :)
sodapop

Post by sodapop »

I'm Sorry!

I completed the game on the PC. I put it on the PSP for my son. When he told me of his problem, I asked him how far he had gotten and what he had completed, and was told that he had the plans.

I never took Bernard down to the basement to see for myself.

I just thought that the icons had been removed, for the PSP, and some shortcut was put in place.

Sorry to have wasted your time.
Last edited by sodapop on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.