Downloaded version, no CD

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

five4fisticuffs

Downloaded version, no CD

Post by five4fisticuffs »

I purchased a downloaded version of Pajama Sam's Sock Works since I could not find it on CD. It only has an installation .exe file, but is there a way I can get the required files so I can move it over to my SD card for use on the Wii?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

It has an installation .exe so what happens when it's executed?
Usually it should unpack and put all it's files in a folder. Look for that maybe.
Or is it just a playable from .exe?
Maybe some more info from where you got it and a request in the Help forum might help seeing as it's not Wii specific.
Have you asked the place you purchased it from if it's possible.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Downloaded version, no CD

Post by clone2727 »

five4fisticuffs wrote:I purchased a downloaded version of Pajama Sam's Sock Works since I could not find it on CD. It only has an installation .exe file, but is there a way I can get the required files so I can move it over to my SD card for use on the Wii?
Those versions that you buy online come with an encrypted version of the game and ScummVM cannot handle that (and probably will never handle it for legal reasons).
five4fisticuffs

Post by five4fisticuffs »

Thanks for the info. I'll try to see if it unpacks, but I think it is the encryption. Oh well, lesson learned.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Only think I can think of maybe trying is starting the .exe and then searching the PC for the files. It may unpack to a temp folder whilst being played.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

clone2727 wrote:
five4fisticuffs wrote:I purchased a downloaded version of Pajama Sam's Sock Works since I could not find it on CD. It only has an installation .exe file, but is there a way I can get the required files so I can move it over to my SD card for use on the Wii?
Those versions that you buy online come with an encrypted version of the game and ScummVM cannot handle that (and probably will never handle it for legal reasons).
Did nobody read this?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

MusicallyInspired wrote:
clone2727 wrote:
Did nobody read this?
Yes. I guess I didn't read it properly due to a toothache.