Button mapping problem in FOTAQ (S60v3, Nokia N80)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nzgeek

Button mapping problem in FOTAQ (S60v3, Nokia N80)

Post by nzgeek »

I've been trying to play Flight of the Amazon Queen and have been having some problems with the right mouse button on ScummVM builds newer than 0.11.1.

The problem I'm seeing relates to the right mouse button. In 0.11.1 the button works correctly, and activates the default action on the item under the cursor. In newer builds the button simply scrolls through the inventory.

I've modified the SDL.ini file to turn another button into the right button, but the same problem then occurs for that button. This must mean that either ScummVM or the game are using the button for another key.

I've installed ScummVM and FOTAQ on my PC, and after some playing it looks like the button is being mapped as the '.' key. This is obviously no good.

Is there any way to correctly map the button using INI files? If not, is this a bug that needs to be fixed in the code?
goetz

Re: Button mapping problem in FOTAQ (S60v3, Nokia N80)

Post by goetz »

In 0.13.1 and 1.0rcX, there are new key mappings for the joystick mode.

But, there is a new mouse mode, activated with Green-0-Green.
Please try this mode. It should have the right mouse button on the right softkey.

- Goetz
nzgeek

Solved

Post by nzgeek »

Excellent! That's exactly what it was. ScummVM went into 'M' input mode rather than 'J' input mode, and the right soft button acted as a right click.

I had a good look around and still didn't find the answer to this myself. Is it documented anywhere that the button mapping is now different in 'J' mode and that 'M' mode should be used instead? More specifically, is this something that should be added to the wiki page on S60 controls?