1.0.0rc1 Crash - The Dig

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jurai

1.0.0rc1 Crash - The Dig

Post by Jurai »

I'm experiencing a repeatable crash in the latter part of The Dig on the Wii port. Crash does not occur on PC build. Tested on both 1.0.0rc1 and nightly svn, both caused same crash

Spoilers are contained below

Cutscenes played fine up until I reached the pyramid with the dead alien sealed inside. After talking to the alien I consistently get dumped back to the homebrew channel when Boston decides to call Maggie up. This is where the scene of the spider attacking her occurs. Skipping past this spot witha save state from the PC I was able to continue playing but got dumped back to homebrew channel again when it attempted to play the FMV of the spider being flushed away.

My data files are compressed with OGG, videos are SAN with OGG audio track separated.

The following savestate will place you at the pyramid before talking to the dead alien, near the first crash I mentioned.

http://brulesrules.com/scumm/dig.zip

Is there a way to get a crash log out of the wii build to help narrow down what is causing it?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

Savegame works here, but there's still a problem with this port and a few ogg files. As far as I can tell the problem is related to the used ogg encoder. Please check the ogg files for metainfos like used encoder and its version. You can find that with e.g. winamp's file info box.

Currently, the only way to get the log output is using a USBGecko adapter.
Jurai

Post by Jurai »

so you were able to play the cutscene right after that sequence? hrm, guess it must be something with the encoding then, wonder why it worked on pc but not wii
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

Yeah, I could just pass that scene without any problems.
We use a different library for the Wii to decode vorbis files, its called "Tremor".

Looks like the bug is in there, because some fixes have been commited. Please try this build with the same ogg files that crashed before.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

Jurai: Could you test that build (or any recent nightly build, I updated libtremor there as well). Did it fix the problem?