Testing for 1_0_0rc

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

towertim

Post by towertim »

The grey rectangle for displaying a virtual keyboard is still shown on non-touchscreen devices.

As I read in this forum, the problem was already solved by updating the touchscreen detection routine.

Would be great if this issue will be solved in the next build.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The thing is that is you are using touch on that device. :-) Well. Should not be on, on low res devices.
towertim

Post by towertim »

maybe an option for switching it on/off would be more handy, or is there no low-res touchscreen device on the market?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

No S60v3 lowres devices on the market. And VKB on qvga does n't really fit anyway.
askoeho

Post by askoeho »

Hi! I just installed 1.0.0rc1 on my E71.

Should the right softkey work as the right mouse button? If it should, it isn't working on my E71. I tried it with Monkey Island 1 VGA.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Set it in mouse mode green, 'm' green.. then it should work better.
I have also added mappings for those left and right buttons in SDL.ini.
kantti

Post by kantti »

I've been using scummVM for few years now with pc and recently with a s60v3 device (e51). I use the HQ3x mode mostly, and started to wonder if it can be used on the s60v3 device too.

I've found no conversation on this topic on the web, so do anyone have an answer or help with building it myself?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

HQ3 will upscale to x3.. (960x600/720 I thHQ2 would be a better choice. But the performance penalty will probably be high + you need to downscale to 640x360 anyhow. So upscale 320x200/240 to 640x400/640x480 and then render 640x360. Will probably look strange. and be very slow.

I added option to do upscale with no interpolation to increase speed.

Also that piece of code has not been compiled before, since it caused problems in the build chain, not sure if thats still the case, but its not really tested.

Check out how HQ3 works too see what kind of overhead you can expekt (in terms of re-reading memory etc)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And since you mention it, adding the x2 scalers as an option to 320x2xx games .. I guess if it compiles I can include it, even though it might not be as much use for anyone. :-)
kantti

Post by kantti »

Oh hehe, sorry.. I meant that I'd like to have only the HQ option in graphics rendering, not upscaling. As you said, the amount of RAM used will raise?

On the PC version, the HQ seems to smoothen graphics and the game looks more "anti-aliased" than the original version. That would be good on a small 320x240 screen, because in rendering some pixels will be lost - with HQ, they may be anti-aliased/etc?

The version in your website can't be installed, any other solution?

And now to mention, when I start scummVM on the phone, it has ~40mb free memory. But every second the amount of memory used grows, finally causing the game to crash. I then save and start the game again a few times in hour, but it's a bit annoying - there's no solution for this problem?

Thanks a lot for help :)

PS. How could I review the source code and test compiling it myself?
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

If you smoothen the 320x240 graphics and not upscale it, it will only look more blurry and details will be lost.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi!
- Setup SDK
- Compile my SDL for Symbian
- Compile madlib
- Compile tremor
- Checkout the source from SVN
- Update the perl script in platform\symbian to support your machine
- Run build_all... . pl once (to get the mmp file setup)
- Enter s60v3 folder and build normally
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well HQ2/3 and used for upscaling VGA(320x2xx) games in ScummVM. Default is x2. ScummVM also supports plain x2,x3 upscaling, but that does not look as nice. I have tried upscaling and then downscaling. Look different, and is slower.

But of course you can try.
Shiranai

Post by Shiranai »

I've got a problem on my 5800.
When I touch the grey rectangle the menu pops up. But when I close it and try to click something else, the menu keeps popping up again.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

I've added 'fate of Atlantis' to my symbian scummv, and also copied saved games from my PC (saved with win32 1.0.0pre44536) so i can pick up where i left off, but when trying to load them on symbian version, i get INVALID VERSION. Any ideas?