Support for "Freddi Fish 5 - Creature of Coral Cove&quo

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ezwrighter

Support for "Freddi Fish 5 - Creature of Coral Cove&quo

Post by ezwrighter »

I would love to see the set of Freddi Fish Games Complete. Has this been done and not documented? Is it on a TODO list?

I would be happy to get the files or original game if that would help. I don't have source code for any of it though....if thats what it takes.

Ez
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Freddi Fish 5 will currenly work under ScummVM and can be completed under ScummVM. But there are major palette glitches throughout the game, since it requires 16bit color support.

We have not decided if 16bit color support will be added to the SCUMM engine of ScummVM in the future, since it would require major changes.
ezwrighter

Post by ezwrighter »

Can you explain how I would run it in the current VM or point me to some reference that could help me out. I would like to see it even with the pallette glitches.

Thanks.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Just add the game, like any other game in ScummVM. If you need help adding games to ScummVM, try the guide at http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/stuff/tut/

If ScummVM fails to detect Freddi Fish 5, please list the filenames included with the game, so we can add support for that version.
ezwrighter

Post by ezwrighter »

Thanks for your help....I was launching the game from a .bat file and assumed it followed your standard naming convention for the freddi fish series. However, it uses freddicove instead of freddi5.

Anyway, I got a look at the game without the 16bit color...it's pretty ugly :-)

Is there some developer discussion about this issue? I will poke around, but if you have a reference handy it might help.

Thanks for your time....the scummvm rocks! Keeps the Kids grimy fingers and hands off the CDs.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

ezwrighter wrote: Is there some developer discussion about this issue? I will poke around, but if you have a reference handy it might help.
Only in my head. But maybe today I'll put it on Wiki. Link will be at HE Progress page, see bottom part of it.

Eugene
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »