ERROR: startTalkSound: SFX file is not open

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SSS

Post by SSS »

Topic tells the contents of my problem.

When I launch the game (Sam & Max Hit The Road) with ScummVm the intro with Lucas Arts logo does appear normally with sounds included but after that the debugger tells:

Does anyone have any idea what should be done with this? The game files are as supposed to and situated in the same folder, named:
samnmax.000
samnmax.001
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

you also need the monster.sou file off the cd( or floppy instalation) this file is required from verion 0.8.0 on
SSS

Post by SSS »

I do have the monster.sou file in the zip-file that contained all of the Sam & Max files. But when the file is extracted it never appears to the game folder although samnmax.000 and .001 are extracted there as usual.

Ideas how to fix this? Might this be connected somehow with Windows and its allowable file types or something?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

SSS wrote:I do have the monster.sou file in the zip-file that contained all of the Sam & Max files.
I could be completely wrong but I think you're violating forum rule #0 so don't expect much help.
SSS

Post by SSS »

Somehow I managed to ignore rule #0 by dumbly thinking it won't count because the warez version is from my own cd version that is situated hundreads of kilometers from here to north. But I guess this fight will continue then after two weeks when I get the cd version, delivery by snail mail seemed too risky to count as an option for this game. Apologies for eagerness or something. :twisted:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

The files on the original CD aren't in a zip so you won't have a 'fight' to unzip them ... it'll be an easy case of copying them directly off the CD.