Use of function key (like pc keyboard F1,F2, etc) in N958G

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

allolallo

Use of function key (like pc keyboard F1,F2, etc) in N958G

Post by allolallo »

Hi,
I play with AGI Sq2 game and all it's ok. Near the end of game, after Vohaul death, Roger Wilco look at monitor and the game ask for F6/F8 function keys. At this point all I can do is kill ScummVM.

The question is how the pc keyboard function keys are remapped to nokia N95 (and other smartphone)??

Thanks
AB
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Not really at all since now one has TOLD me what function keys are needed. List please...
allolallo

Post by allolallo »

In this point of game, after I use the predictive input to write "look monitor", the screen went black and the program ask for code to abort clone launch.

After enter code to exit this screen the game ask for "F6" function key. I can move joystick and use preditive input, but every thing I write doesn't work. The menu game is accessible but also if I select exit it doesn't work.

In a previous part of game, where Roger Wilco tie to rope before enter dark cave, there is a similar situation, the program ask for function key to jump from rope. At the moment I dont' remember the function code but in this case, I used the word "jump" in predictive input and it work (as workaround)..

If is useful I try to repeat game from the beginnig to found the missing function key.

Also if is useful I have saved game for "F6" function key situation.

Thx
AB
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have one mapping called special key, and for a game like SQ2 I could map that special key to F6 or F8.. Many games that needs one or two F keys to be completable.
allolallo

Post by allolallo »

How can I use this mapping?

thx
AB
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Thats not there for Sq2 yet. There is a keymapping system built into SDL that could be used, but noone never used it. I will investigate to see if its a way for you.
allolallo

Post by allolallo »

Thanks
AB
allolallo

Post by allolallo »

Hi,
something new about this topic in 1.0.0rc1?