Monkey Island Invalid save with R4DS SDHC slot on card

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ste_888

Monkey Island Invalid save with R4DS SDHC slot on card

Post by ste_888 »

Hi

Does anyone know if it is posible to get Monkey Islands 1 & 2 save function working with a R4DS SDHC card? It comes up invalid save once you rebot the ds and try to load a save!

Is there a way of resolving this, or is my only option to buy a standard R4 DS, that after research seems to support the save function?

Thanks
:lol:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Moved to the Nintendo DS subforum.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I've only ever heard bad stuff about that card. I don't know if it was a freebie but I believe it's a poor choice if you're buying.

You don't say if the saves themselves were made with the R4DS SDHC or they were made on another card and copied over.
That won't help me solve your problem but it might help others. If they have been copied over I wouldn't be surprised if that's the problem.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

The R4 SDHC is a fake and I would not recommend using it as it could damage your DS. I made a thread about fake homebrew cards and you should only buy R4s advertised by "The R4DS Team" or from the official suppliers listed on r4ds.cn

The problem might not be with the R4, but I really wouldn't suggest using it in case it bricks your DS.
ste_888

Post by ste_888 »

iPwnzorz wrote:The R4 SDHC is a fake and I would not recommend using it as it could damage your DS. I made a thread about fake homebrew cards and you should only buy R4s advertised by "The R4DS Team" or from the official suppliers listed on r4ds.cn

The problem might not be with the R4, but I really wouldn't suggest using it in case it bricks your DS.
Thank for the word of warning.

I actually brought the r4 sdhc card from a site listed on the r4ds.cn site!

oh well can't trust anyone these days!! lol
another world

Post by another world »

the .cn site is the archived version now owned by the "new" r4 team (clone makers). it is not affiliated with the original team. at one point the fake firmware was available for download off of that site.

you may be having a dldi issue. you might want to see if ysmenu will work for you.

-another world
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

hello!

yeah i'm also the "proud" owner of the R4-SDHC (v 1.25). just like you, i have the same issue with invalid savestates on games that save via the scummvm interface (indy3/4). these savestates appear in file manager as having a size of 0 and there is no data inside.

the solution is simple though,when you are prompted to name a save, don't do anything just save, and the save will get a default name "Save 1" "Save 2" etc. once you have these files created, you can save over them as you see fit and they will load properly. in games which save via their own interface, like FOTAQ, there is no issue whatsoever, you can name saves any way you see fit.

hope this helps someone...
pbrmagnet

Can the 2 of you using R4 SDHC cards help me?!?!?!

Post by pbrmagnet »

I've been trying to get The Curse Of Monkey Island to work on my ds for days now and its driving me insane.
I have a R4 SDHC card with the kernal version R4i 1.09b on it and the micro sd card is formatted to FAT32. I looked it up and the game files are correct and im using the scummvm ds for the lucas arts games but it keeps telling me no game found in directory.
could someone please tell me what im doing wrong?