ScummVM for Wii Problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gassy

ScummVM for Wii Problem

Post by Gassy »

I'm trying to move all of my \APPS folder to my USB hard drive, from my SD. If I take out my SD card and let the Homebrew Channel get the apps from the hard drive, it loads SCUMMVM, and works good.

If I try and load it from a forwarder channel - I've tried Nick666s and TroytheZombies - it loads with no theme, and no configuration. It appears to be all defaults.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? It appears to be ignoring the ini that's in the ScummVM folder. If you've seen the "builtin" theme for this thing, you know how hard it is to use.

Thanks, Gassy
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I'm sure there's an option within scummVM to point to which folders you'd like to load things from. Check that it's not set to SD. :wink:
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

As I already mentioned in the other forwarder topic: the forwarder does not seem to pass the working dir to ScummVM as HBC does. A loader can pass argv[0] to a loaded app, and by that the loaded app can determine where it was loaded from and set its working dir. This port uses that to load the ini file. If you see the classic theme and/or your game list is empty, its definitely a problem of the forwarder.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I'm not having any trouble with the forwarder *shrug*.
Gassy

Post by Gassy »

dhewg wrote:As I already mentioned in the other forwarder topic: the forwarder does not seem to pass the working dir to ScummVM as HBC does. A loader can pass argv[0] to a loaded app, and by that the loaded app can determine where it was loaded from and set its working dir. This port uses that to load the ini file. If you see the classic theme and/or your game list is empty, its definitely a problem of the forwarder.
Thanks for the replies.
Would it be possible to default the working dir to the dol dir, if argv[0] is null, or doesn't exist? just something to consider.
Gassy
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

There is a default ("/apps/scummvm"), which I try when there is no path in argv[0] (which is the case when you wiiload the binary too).
But then there are multiple file systems, and the 1st one is the internal SD slot. If a valid SD card is inserted, that will be the default.

The real fix would be to extend the used loader with this argc/v functionality that libogc supports.