No Music in secret of monkey island...

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

howlix

No Music in secret of monkey island...

Post by howlix »

...but I have sound (ie doors opening). All the music files from the game have been ripped and put into the folder as MP3's and I still have nothing. Any suggestions? All files in the folder have permissions set to read, write, and execute.
clem

Re: No Music in secret of monkey island...

Post by clem »

howlix wrote:...but I have sound (ie doors opening). All the music files from the game have been ripped and put into the folder as MP3's and I still have nothing. Any suggestions? All files in the folder have permissions set to read, write, and execute.
Do you get music with the same files on PC/Mac? Maybe the mp3s are named incorrectly.
howlix

Post by howlix »

To get the MP3's I just ripped them straight from the PC CD in itunes, and itunes named them automatically. I'm unsure as to what they are supposed to be named. The files I have are as follows on my iphone:

var/mobile/The Secret of Monkey Island/..

02 Voodoo Lady.mp3 - 25 Jungle Ambience.mp3 (too lazy to type out all 24 MP3's, but their names are straight from the CD)

ADLIB.IMS
MONKEY.000
MONKEY.001
ROLAND.IMS
SOUNBLAS.IMS
SPEAKER.IMS

The wiki says only to install Monkey.000 and Monkey.001. I added the other files because they were suggestions to others on the net who had the same problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)
howlix

Post by howlix »

I've answered one of my own questions. By rewording my search I found a track listing and know that the tracks need to be renamed to track1.mp3 and so on. The problem I'm having is now that the tracks on my game CD are named things like 02 Vodoo Lady (and not Voodoo shop as listed in the track listing). My question now is are the numbers in front of each title going to correspond to the numbers on the track list for the original songs on the CD? I'm going to attempt to rename the tracks as such but any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated regardless!

Thanks again!

edit-I played the tracks one by one and the track numbers definitely do not correspond to the ones on the list.

edit--this is the exact track listing as ripped by itunes from the cd

02 Voodoo Lady
03 The Forest
04 The Forest (continued)
05 The Church
06 Melee Island Map
07 Interlude
08 Guybrush Meets His Love
09 The Scumm Bar
10 LeChuck's Ghost Ship
11 LeChuck
12 The Circus
13 LeChuck 2
14 LeChuck 3
15 Monkey Island
16 Boat Paradise
17 End Credits
18 Introduction
19 Stan's Used Ships
20 Kidnapping
21 Trapped!
22 Cannibal Village
23 The Docks
24 Fight Ambience
25 Jungle Ambiance

My question about the list on this forum; Does the scummvm port play that list in exact order, or does the game pull different tracks at different times. I guess I'm getting hung up on track 1 becoming track 8 which is the voodoo lady on my list and the voodoo shop on the forum list. Then track 10, Melee forest on your list is LeChuck's Ghost ship on mine. I suppose the best course of action is to ignore my files entirely and get them from another source closer to the one on the forums here. Once I get it all ironed out I might type up a quick guide for those in the same boat as I was.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I have absolutely no idea about the iPhone version of ScummVM, but generally speaking...
howlix wrote:My question now is are the numbers in front of each title going to correspond to the numbers on the track list for the original songs on the CD?
I would guess so. There's no "01 ..." because the first track on the CD is the data track. ScummVM counts the first music track as track 1, so "02 Voodoo Lady" becomes track1.mp3, "03 The Forest" becomes track2.mp3, etc. As long as the files are in the correct format (MP3) and correctly named (track1.mp3, track2.mp3, etc.), it should work.

(Some operating systems - maybe just Windows - hide the extension on files it thinks it recognizes by default, so there the files would show just as "track1", "track2, etc.)
howlix wrote:My question about the list on this forum; Does the scummvm port play that list in exact order, or does the game pull different tracks at different times.
Different tracks at different times. For instance, one of the last tracks on the CD (I believe it's called "The Docks" in your list) is used as background sound (waves, seagulls, etc.) very early in the game.
howlix

Post by howlix »

I smacked myself in the forehead after I read your post erik. It was so simple. I just went down the list and renamed all the tracks, track1.mp3 and so on. Worked perfectly. Thank you!
niva

Post by niva »

Hi.

Can you tell me how you ripped the music out of the CD with iTunes please?

Thanks a lot.

Ivan
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

niva wrote:Hi.

Can you tell me how you ripped the music out of the CD with iTunes please?

Thanks a lot.

Ivan
http://www.google.com/search?q=rip+music+itunes
Rhinox

Post by Rhinox »

Sorry to revive an old thread here, but can you upload those tracks to a file hosting site? I installed Monkey Island from a borrowed CD a few years back, and didn't realise the MP3's had to be ripped first.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Rhinox wrote:Sorry to revive an old thread here, but can you upload those tracks to a file hosting site? I installed Monkey Island from a borrowed CD a few years back, and didn't realise the MP3's had to be ripped first.
We support only legal versions. And Forum Rule #0 deals exactly with such requests.

Eugene
Rhinox

Post by Rhinox »

sev wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Sorry to revive an old thread here, but can you upload those tracks to a file hosting site? I installed Monkey Island from a borrowed CD a few years back, and didn't realise the MP3's had to be ripped first.
We support only legal versions. And Forum Rule #0 deals exactly with such requests.

Eugene
I'd hate to burst your hallucinogenic bubble here, but the CD version is legal.
I didn't read the rules properly though, that's my fault.
Sorry.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Rhinox wrote: I'd hate to burst your hallucinogenic bubble here, but the CD version is legal.
Installing from a borrowed CD or downloading from a torrent is no different, legally speaking.