Day of the Tentacle keyboard

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Seattle

Day of the Tentacle keyboard

Post by Seattle »

Hey,

I got DOTT running on my HTC Touch Diamond2, but after the 'time-travel sequence' instead of the ScummVM menu, it turns into a keyboard with yellow buttons. Can't use any of them, only one seems to be 'pause'...

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thnx !
jakayang

Post by jakayang »

isn't this happening because of lacking memory? or should it be something else. from what i have seen the winCE port has an memory problem alot of times. maybe it's the mem.

try to soft reset youre device, let youre savegame load again an t ry it again.

HOW much mem do you have?

jakayang

[EDIT] try the 0.13.1 version! this should be working!
pncFreak

Re: Day of the Tentacle keyboard

Post by pncFreak »

Seattle wrote:Hey,

I got DOTT running on my HTC Touch Diamond2, but after the 'time-travel sequence' instead of the ScummVM menu, it turns into a keyboard with yellow buttons. Can't use any of them, only one seems to be 'pause'...

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thnx !
Have you tried double-tapping near the upper border of the screen?
In the WinCE/PocketPC port the double-tap near the upper border of the screen let you switch between the scummVM menu, the keyboard, or the full-screen view.
Seattle

Post by Seattle »

Yes! I probably triggered that somehow :p Thanks!

Another issue tho, when entering the menu in-game (Resume, Load, Save etc.) the screen kinda zooms in, so the Quit button is almost hidden.

When pressing save, the (I assume the buttons are called this, can't see em) 'Cancel' and 'Ok' buttons are hidden. So when entering a name for the savegame, the keyboard pops up.. but as it's in front of the cancel and ok button, i cant use keys that are overlapping the buttons, because then it just ignores the key and presses either cancel or ok. Full screen on/off doesn't help.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Well I haven't played DOTT in a while, so I can't remember how my keyboard acted then. But I just tried DOTT again and experienced the same behaviour. Might I sugest that you post this in the bugtracker? (sorry for any typos, responding from my TP2)